𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟗 - 𝐓𝐄𝐀

"𝐈 𝐁𝐄𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐄 𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 𝐅𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃"

Aleksander couldn't stop the grinning as he hastily threw on his kefta.

Practically stumbling out of his bed chamber and into his office he sat down at his desk and went for the opened decanter.

If anyone had disobeyed him like Aurelia had they would have already been torn to death by his shadows or attacked by volcra.

Instead, all of Aurelia's defiance had sparked a joy he had longed for for centuries.

Years after years of pining for what he thought was his dead lover, only to find her alive and well in Ketterdam. It was a miracle and a sign that Aleksander would not misinterpret.

They were soulmates. Aleksander had read old books. Some of the old fairytales or stories of saints foretold of soulmates.

A pair equal in power and beauty and soul. Aleksander didn't know what power Aurelia had, his devious little star slipped rings onto his fingers and somehow willed them into controlling his fingers.

It had left him in quite a predicament, particularly one that was still reminding him of the fact that Aurelia had left him without her touch.

Such disrespect for a king. It excited him to such an extent. In his wildest dreams, Aurelia would've seen him across that room. Her face would've lit up in a smile. A smile that used to be reserved for him, and him alone. He would've slipped his hand into hers and led her up to a room. They would've giggled, like the teenagers in love they once were. He would've demanded a preset be found, they would've married that night. He would've married her as he should have all those years ago. She would've been his queen.

No one would've stopped them. He was king and he intended to use that power to give Aurelia everything her heart desires. Along as he was by her side.

And while Aurelia's face had heated with anger and eyes flashed with passion and not the good kind at his face. And then kneed him in the balls and ran away. He could work with that. Saints, he would work with her burning hate for centuries as long as he could just be with her. In her presence.

He didn't particularly care what others thought. He wasn't like past otkazat'sya kings who relied on the image of fear and power to control and gain respect. Aleksander had power, enough not to be questioned.

His little star would soon come to her sense. Just the thought of her on her knees submitting to him brought out a primal side in Aleksander. Something that Aleksander had once thought of as the wildest dream now seemed possible, and Aleksander would do everything in his power to achieve it.

──────⊹⊱✧⊰⊹──────

Aurelia awoke to the loud knocks on her door. The unfamiliar setting of the room spooked her mind until the memories of the last few days came crashing back.