𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

CHAPTER FOUR
AADHYA HAS A MID-LIFE CRISIS

CHAPTER FOURAADHYA HAS A MID-LIFE CRISIS

✧ ⋆ ☽ ✯ ☾ ⋆ ✧

Understandably, Reena tore Kamal a new one when she heard what had happened. She was absolutely furious that he and his guards couldn't protect her sister when he had vowed to their Father, Rajendra Desai, that he would look after the girls with utmost care. And so, the whole Mansion had been tense ever since.

Hoping to catch some fresh air, Aadhya decided to step out of the stifling home for a moment. With a vintage camera hanging around her neck, and a wide-brim Sun hat atop her head to protect herself from the scorching heat of the Indian sun, Aadhya stepped out of the vehicle. Four guards followed her at a distance but didn't restrict her moments or disturb her.

Aadhya always had an eye for art. Even back at home, one side of her cerulean blue wall would be filled with snapshots and framed photos. Each and every one of them had a meaning for her. There's a story for every stranger and place there. The way one picture, a single snapshot, could capture the essence of a time and place, a city, a war, a human being, was embedded in her consciousness.

Because that was what photography was for Aadhya. It's the way how the light fell on a surface never failed to tug at her imagination. And even though the dark-haired beauty didn't really pursue it as a full-time profession, it always remained one of her passions. Something that gave her joy when life and work turned monotonous. Because a photograph was a moment, a chance for her to peak into something intriguing and weave tales.

It was interesting, to say the least.

As Aadhya walked that particularly crowded street of Bangalore, sampling the mood of the place and people, trying to find a perfect story... an inspiration when she finally found it. With her eye to the camera, she tracked across to the blurred reflection of the old, run-down theater. Then she slowly bought the lens down and back until the elderly man, who had a toothless smile, was in the view.

Just as she steadied the camera, a figure stepped into view, making her frown at the obstruction. She dropped the camera around the collar of her neck and looked up at the face of the intruder. She didn't know want she expected, but it wasn't the smiling face of the protagonist staring straight at her. One would mistake him for having won a lottery.

Aadhya blinked as if something had floated across her vision, her lashes fluttering to clear her sight. Her lips parted ever so slightly in surprise at his unexpected arrival. "What...what are you doing here?" She asks when she finally gathers her bearings. Her eyes move frantically to her surrounding, struggling to detect the guards that came along with her. But she could find none.