Day One Of The Investigation.

Day one: it's Monica writing in this log. Jason and i felt a very negative energy last night we are convinced that these girls died at the hands of something supernatural. We have to stay in the tent and open up our channels and connect with our spirit guides. We needed to be able to connect with any spirit here, negative or positive, it didn't matter to us, we had protection from our guides. Nigel is with Jake doing baseline tests, recording sounds so we can debunk what's natural and what's supernatural. I won't be telling Jason what i think, nor will i tell the others. I will tell them as we go along in our journey. We were all excited about the day, we would be going along the newish mapped area first, as they were unmapped when the girls were up here. It would make sense that they would be tempted to go where they shouldn't. I know i would have at their age, it was their last few weeks of freedom before joining the adult world. We were up, dressed and showered we took with us a backpack with supplies, drinks, map, phones and some of our research equipment. We told each other that we would make sure we were back at our tents by sundown as it was a way to stay safe. We began our journey to the first trail.

We didn't see a single person but our group, we were kind of glad, we didn't want interference in our investigation. Nigel and Jake walked ahead of us, they filmed some footage and took some EVP's, we stopped and listened, we heard a voice saying, "help me." I seen Jason turn around and he said he could see a dark shadow in the trees, we marked the spot with an X with chalk. We carried on and Jake spotted something in the camera, we stopped to look at it, it was the same shadow that Jason seen. Nigel tried to debunk it and he couldn't find a rational explanation for it. As we walked further i seen what looked like an old woman beside Jason, she was talking to him. Jason came to a halt and said, "what is it?" The woman whispered in his ear, "it's dangerous, be careful young man." I could see Jason talk with his guides, they informed him the old lady lived on the land many centuries ago. Strangely, Jake picked up whispering on the camera. Nigel couldn't debunk that either as he knew it was the voice of an elderly woman. I felt this woman was probably trying to protect us. We carried on, Jason and I began picking up on the girls, i could feel they were on this path, although back then it wasn't safe, there was felled trees and rocks, it was all cleared now, we came to the conclusion they definitely didn't die in this area. I did feel like they died, but i could be wrong, I've came across this before. I know something bad happened to those girls and i don't believe it was at the hands of a human.

We were beginning to lose light, we made our way back to the camp. The batteries of the camera and the recorder were dying faster than normal, so we needed to change batteries, eat and settle down for the night. Jake didn't want to change the batteries until they died fully. We lit our barbecue, we had some food and sat around and discussed our day. Nigel for the first time, in all the years we knew him said, "there's something dark up here. I have never felt anything like it." I was a little gobsmacked when he said that, he usually didn't comment until we reviewed all the evidence collected from an investigation. While we talked about the case, we discovered that Jason was told by his spirit guides that the search and rescue never looked as they claimed, they had a quick look around and got out of here. It began to make sense, maybe they sensed what we had, especially Nigel who wasn't a psychic medium. We put in new batteries as the evening was getting darker, we left the cameras outside the tent again, the other devices and the recorder and settled down to sleep a little earlier. We were in our sleeping bags and the alarms went off, then we heard something scratching the outside of the tent, Jake went out to see and couldn't see a thing. We settled back in and heard the scratching again, Jason and i closed our channels earlier and even without them open we could feel something extremely negative around the tent. It was then i could feel that maybe just maybe, the girls felt the same thing and ran into the night and got lost. We knew from reading the police files that some of the girls clothing was found in the brush of the then unmapped area. I don't think this was their final resting place, their bodies would've been found and no blood was found on the clothing or in and around the area. I felt they're in a different part of the area, that perhaps their clothing was placed there to throw investigators off the scent. This would mean we were dealing with a very intelligent being, something sadistic and sinister.

We finally got our heads down, we woke up earlier than usual as we wanted to go deeper into all the mapped trails, before we even could venture towards the unmapped areas. We reviewed the cameras after replacing the batteries, we seen this figure, it was like a dark shadow, similar to what we witnessed the day before, but it didn't have a humanoid shape. It whirled the tent, it was even drawn towards the camera it even shook the tripod a little. The shadow disappeared soon thereafter and we listened to the recordings, there was screaming of young women saying, "help us." That's when my spirit guide told me to not believe that to be the girls, that came from that negative spirit. It was terrifying to listen to, but there was something else we heard, it was footsteps, this thing although a shadow had feet. Nigel said it sounded like hooves, but we knew there would be no deer near us, the deer were further into the park. We were a hundred percent sure that these girls were frightened by something and it drove them deep into the park and they either got lost and died due to no food or water. Jason and i would be the only two of the group to confirm this unless we contact this being. We knew this was dangerous but we were here on an investigation, we know the risks.