chapter two.

A   B R O K E N   F A M I L Ychapter two

chapter two.

LYRA BLACKS MIND would forever remain the raw memory of Sirius Black abandoning her. The echo of his voice as he lied straight through his teeth, tearing a child's innocence into pieces that she tried so hard to stick back together with dirty bandages. He shattered the incriminates of her fragile heart, and left the parts beating for somebody else to pick up. She was betrayed by her own blood, left by a deadbeat, and broken by the never ending flashbacks of it all.

She remembered that night like the back of her hand. Clinging onto the last memory of her childhood the best she possibly could. Lyra remembered his exact words, his last. She remembered holding her mothers deceased body, and soon after holding her fathers sobbing one as she tried comforting him in the only way she knew how to. She remembered them walking for what felt like hours before he stumbled upon the god awful place she now called her home. Lyra remembered crying herself to sleep on a thin mattress surrounded by other girls her age and older, feeling utterly exhausted and frightened. She remembered waiting for him to show up...

However Sirius Black was nowhere to be found.

And for years Lyra toor herself up over it. She could've done more to help. Maybe if she hid the pill bottles before her mother could find them, or even if she chose to down them herself so that she wouldn't of had to deal with the life that had been given to her. If herself alone could've made her mother happy enough to stay, then maybe she wouldn't have had to deal with the trauma she fought everyday and would simply enjoy life accompanied by not a pack of cigarettes, or lines of suspicious white substances and bottles with disgusting liquid. But besides, with a family who pulled silly pranks, loved endlessly, and enjoyed each others company. However that was just a dream, and always will be to Lyra.

Over the years she eventually lost all hope of her father coming back, and whatever sadness and guilt she held with it. Her sadness turned to hate. And through all of that grief, she was reborn. Lyra Black was no longer an innocent little child who felt joy out of making people smile. But one who enjoyed poking and prodding at herself, stuffing her system full of all types of illegal substances as she chased for a high, and watching as her life withered away with each hit she took out of an orange and white stick.

She was reborn, but for the absolute and utter worse. Lyra Black wasn't a good person, she knew that. The girl hadn't any redeemable qualities, but who could blame her? She had no one to stop her from being such a cruel person. The girl was well aware of her actions, but she had nothing left to fight for, so there was no point in being a justifying human being if she knew sooner or later she'd die from her horrible habits.

Might've sounded rather grim, but to Lyra it was realistic.

Lyra wasn't exactly a very optimistic girl.