Arthur knows now

"I agree to your terms." Annis's voice was cold. Arthur nearly sagged in relief. He glanced at Merlin, who was on his knees, and the manservant smiled slightly.

"However," Arthur focused back on the queen. "You must send your army back." Annis stiffened at what she had just said. Where was this coming from?

"What?!" Arthur raised his voice, before calming himself. "We will be defenseless if you decided to attack us! You already outnumber us, isn't that enough?" Annis regarded the king of Camelot harshly.

"These are my terms. If you do not agree to them, then we will continue with war." Arthur sighed, hesitant. Annis softened slightly. "You may allow a few of your most trusted knights to stay."

Arthur thought for a few moments, his silence making Merlin uncomfortable. "Very well." Merlin drew in a sharp breath at Arthur's statement. "I agree to your terms."

The knights of the round table cheered when the champion surrendered to their king. Morgana, however, was glaring icy daggers at her brother.

"We should attack now!" She hissed to Annis. "They are weak, we could easily take them!"

"Yes..." Annis murmured. "But we had a deal. A deal I intend to honor." Morgana glared at the queen. Arthur was making his way back towards his ranks, and Merlin was already down to the king.

The two were standing all alone in the clearing where the fight had taken place. Leon, Percival, Gwaine, and Elyan made their way down. They were the ones Arthur had chosen to stay.

"Fine." Morgana's voice was laced with venom. "Then I will make you." She began to chant, her eyes flashing gold.

Merlin's head whipped towards the sound, as did Arthur's. The witch's voice grew louder, and the knights of Camelot drew their swords.

Then, as suddenly as it started, the chanting ended. Annis was staring ahead with a dazed expression, then a hardened one. "Attack!" The queen shouted. Her knights charged forward, yelling.

Merlin watched in horror as the army descended on him and Arthur. The king was currently scrambling backwards towards his own knights, pulling Merlin along with him. Cold terror settled in Merlin's gut like a rock.

There was no way they could win. Not with only a handful of knights. Even "handful" made it seem like they had more than four men, plus the king. Gwaine was yelling for the two to hurry up as the knights of Camelot drew their swords.

Swords would not matter. They would die. Here, and now.

That made up Merlin's mind. He turned to Arthur as Annis's men came closer, marching at a steady pace.

"Arthur, I'm sorry." The king's eyes widened at Merlin's words. The manservant turned to the oncoming army, his expression hard.

Morgana's triumphant laughter rang out, echoing in Merlin's ears.

"Merlin!" Arthur screamed, anguish filling his tone.

"Run!" The desperation in his voice was evident.

"What is he doing?!" Gwaine shouted. There was no way Merlin, who had no fighting skills whatsoever, could do anything.

Suddenly, the skies darkened. Thunder rumbled, shaking the earth. Merlin grew his head back, and began to speak in a voice Arthur could only describe as a roar.

"O drakon, e male so ftengometta tesd'hup'anankes!" Merlin's eyes flashed gold, as he stopped speaking. The distant beat of wings could be heard, along with a roar.