Chapter 1: Introduction

——————————🕷——————————

A big, old, rickety house sat on top of a hill with a gate around it. To an outsider, it would seem very spooky and creepy. But to the Addams Family, it was home.

Inside the house, an alarm clock that was shaped like the house went off, signaling that it was time for everyone to get up. A hand crawled out from behind the clock and stretched before hopping down to the floor.

He crawled his way down the hallway, before he skidded to a halt at the sight of Gomez Addams standing in a doorway.

He was looking into a bedroom that looked like it had been abandoned for years. There was dust and cobwebs everywhere.

The hand tugged at his pajama pants to get his attention.

"Think of it, Thing. For 25 years, we've attempted to contact Fester in the Great Beyond, and for 25 years...nothing. I'm beginning to think my brother truly is lost." He said sadly.

Thing tugged in his pant leg again and motioned for Gomez to follow him.

...

"Don't be a baby. I know what I'm doing."

A boy of about 16 held up a crossbow. He had black hair and black eyes and his clothing was also completely black. This was Wednesday Addams. He aimed the crossbow at his little brother Pugsley, who was wearing a striped shirt and black shorts. Pugsley was tied up with an apple in his mouth. Wednesday fired the crossbow and the arrow hit the apple.

...

Gomez was looking down at his sleeping wife Morticia.

"Look at her. I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss." Gomez said.

Morticia's eyes fluttered open and she smiled at her husband.

"Unhappy, darling?" Gomez asked her.

"Oh, yes. Yes, completely." She responded. "Gomez. Sun." She hissed. "Il me perce comme un poignard."

"Oh, Tish. That's French." Gomez sighed.

"Oui."

"Cara Mia." Gomez whispered, grasping her hand and kissing it.

He turned from the bed and grabbed a sword. "En garde, monsieur soleil!" He used the fencing sword to close the blinds before turning back to face his wife with a smile on his face.

"Gomez..."

"Quierida."

"Last night you were unhinged. You were like some desperate howling demon. You frightened me. Do it again." Morticia breathed.

...

A tall Frankenstein looking man held out paper bags that squirmed for the kids.

Wednesday approached and grabbed his.

"Thank you Lurch." He said.

Pugsley also grabbed his and the two kids headed off to school.

...