Chapter 5: Doubt

——————————🕷——————————

At the Charity auction, Margret stood in front of the crowd with the finger trap still stuck on her fingers.

"And this magnificent piece is encrusted with rubies and 15 emerald chips. Uh, it was donated by Morticia and Gomez Addams. Remember, this year, over half our proceeds will benefit the elderly, and the mentally disabled. I'll open the bidding at 5,000 dollars." The judge announced.

"5? Hah! Not good enough." Gomez laughed. "20,000!"

"What are they doing?" Margret asked incredulously.

"I have 20." The judge said.

"25!" Gomez yelled again.

"25."

"Cara Mia?"

"30." Morticia bid. "Mon sauvage."

"35!" Gomez shouted. "Eres divina."

"50!" Morticia countered.

"I have 50,000 dollars."

"Your turn my ecstasy." Morticia whispered excitedly.

Instead of bidding, Gomez started kissing up her arm.

"50,000 going once, 50,000 going twice, sold to Morticia Addams for 50,000 dollars." The judge said.

However, neither Gomez or Morticia were paying attention, because they were too busy making out and moaning in ecstasy.

...

As Lurch was driving them home, Fester sat between Gomez and Morticia with the finger trap on his fingers.

Wednesday, (Y/n) and Pugsley sat across from them. (Y/n) had fallen asleep, and her head was resting on Wednesday's shoulder and Wednesday had his arm wrapped around her waist.

"Isn't it too enchanting?" Morticia asked.

"How do you get it off?" Fester asked.

Gomez and Morticia looked at each other in surprise.

"There's a trick to it." Morticia undid it for him. "Of course."

Gomez looked straight ahead and furrowed his eyebrows in suspicion.

...

Back home, Gomez was playing with a model train set.

"'How do you take it off?' That's absurd. That finger trap was a party favor at his 10th birthday!" He muttered to himself.

...

Upstairs, Morticia was reading to the kids. Pugsely sat on her right side, and Wednesday sat on her left. (Y/n) was laying her head on his shoulder at his insistence, as he stroked her hair. They all perked up when they heard the train whistle.

"Oh, no."

"Fathers playing with his trains." Pugsely said.

...

"He wore that finger trap for two years. Mother had to teach him to eat with his feet. And the combination. And the password. And my cigar, and he slept so well!" He pulled a lever.

...

"He's using the diesel." Pugsley said.

...

In his room, Fester was gathering his tools to attempt to get into the vault.

...

Gomez sent his train into a covered bridge.

...