Chapter 9: The Ball

——————————🕷——————————

The farewell party was in full swing. The ballroom looked more festive and the dance floor was occupied by multiple couples, including Gomez and Morticia, who were waltzing across the dance floor. They had an orchestra playing, and one man was playing a cobra like a saxophone.

Wednesday was standing along the wall looking for (Y/n), when his cousin Lumpy Addams approached. He was a tall boy with a hunchback and braces.

"Hey, cousin. Great party." He complimented.

"Thank you."

"Woah, who is that?" He asked, gesturing to the ballrooms's doorway.

Wednesday looked to where Lumpy was looking and his jaw nearly dropped.

(Y/n) was standing there, wearing a long, tight fitting black gown. Her hair was done perfectly, and her make up was nice and dark. She looked beautiful.

"I'm gonna ask her to dance." Lumpy said, and started to make his way towards (Y/n) when Wednesday held his arm out in front of him.

"Don't even think about it. That one's mine." He purred.

He walked over and greeted (Y/n).

"Hello, Ma précieuse ." He greeted, kissing her hand.

She blushed. "Hi Wednesday. You look very handsome."

"And you look beautiful. Would you like to dance?"

"I would."

Wednesday wrapped his arm around her waist and led her to the dance floor.

...

Outside, Lurch was greeting guests by the front door, when a small car playing hip hop music rolled up.

Lurch smiled and opened the door to reveal a man that was covered in hair from head to toe.

The man got out of the car and started speaking to Lurch in gibberish. Lurch seemed to understand him and nodded.

...

"It, old man!" Gomez greeted.

It said something in gibberish to them.

"You're right. Far too long." Morticia agreed.

It looked around the crowd and spotted Margret dancing with Tulley, and immediately made his way over to them.

"Don't let me out of your sight." Margret told her husband.

"Don't threaten me Margret." Tulley growled.

"These people are abnormal!" She whisper shouted.

"Don't exaggerate." Tulley said.

At that moment, It tapped Margret on the back. She turned around and looked shocked to see him standing there. It bowed to her and said something in gibberish.

"Oh, by all means. They're clients, Margret." Tulley pushed his wife into It and they started dancing together.

...

Wednesday and (Y/n) were dancing together when Morticia approached them.

"Wednesday?" She asked.

"Yes mother?" He replied, not taking his eyes off (Y/n).

"Would you run upstairs and check on your Uncle please?"

"Yes mother." Wednesday stopped dancing and offered his arm to (Y/n). She looped her arm with his and they both exited the ballroom.