Reconciled

Summer was currently debating between Alien or Scream DVD's in Dawson's room when he sighed loudly

Summer was currently debating between Alien or Scream DVD's in Dawson's room when he sighed loudly. Summer and Joey usually came over Sunday night to watch a movie but Dawson wasn't in the mood. That meant they would spend their time sorting through his DVD's.

"It's been two weeks since Jen and I broke up.
She hasn't made an effort to get together. Spend some time, go to the movies. You think it's odd? It seems a little odd to me." Dawson asked looking at the two girls in front of him. Dawson sat on the edge of his bed as Joey and Summer sat on the floor.

"Dawson, you are aware that she broke up with you, right?" Joey asked tossing Jurassic Park to the not again pile next to Oklahoma!. Summer sneakily put Oklahoma back into the yes pile.

"Of course I am. There's a certain way to handle these things. I thought Jen would hold herself to that standard."

"You don't sound like a guy who's disappointed in Jen's breakup etiquette. You sound like a guy who can't face the reality that it's over." Summer answered as she put Toy Story in the group movie section.

"Geez, that's harsh."

"It is the trust" she shrugged

"Not to sound harsh, but you can't live in the past. You have to start preparing for life after Jen."

"Something tells me Joey and Summer have a theory."

"There are three main areas to focus on." Joey started

"First: public perception."

"Such as?"

"From now on you'll be known as the guy Jen dropped. Most girls will view you as tainted goods...and a few will feel incredibly sorry for you...and offer a certain kind of sympathy. My advice: avoid them." Summer explained