Part 20

As I twisted the knob, and opened the door, the bad feeling in my stomach worsened.I wasn't scared,but I definatly wasn't at ease. The foyer was dark, as well all the rest of the house from what I could see atleast .My heart skipped when I heard a cat yowl feom across the room. My first instinct was to step back.Ever so ofter,I would hear all differnt type of movement.The floors creaked after nearly every step, and there was a ticking noise coming from what I though to be the dinning room.The ceeling creaked.

"Oh shit"I whispered to myself

I was alone,in a house,with an aledged axe murderer.

The creaking abouve me continued as I followed the grey coverd cord into one of the rooms. I started to turn the dial hoping the small click it made wouldn't be too loud.I scrunched my nose and twisted it waiting for the noise to be more abrut.

I let out a sigh of relief, as I prepared myself to leave.

A loud whirling noise came from somewhere upstairs. I quickly covered my mouth as a small gasp slipped out. A swift quiet song played throughout the house as I hid behind a corner.Something repeteively hit the hollow floor of the upstairs. Mrs.Crain wheezed as the sound grew closer.I could hear her footsteps making their way down the stairs as the thudding countinued.

"It's--it's late,Leon"Her hoarse raspy voice called from just around the corner.

I covered my mouth to soften the sound my quick breath made.

"Too late"She mumbled before coughing

She walked right past me dragging a fire poker at her side.

"I can hear you,Leon"

I uncovered my mouth and accidently let out a soft wimper. As I covered it again, she turned around and lifted the poker.

"I could hear you all night"She yelled

I quickly ran into the room next to me not even taking a second look at her.

"Leon"She repeated limping around the house to find me.

I found my way to the front door and tried to twist the knock. There were boards nailed over it, and the locks were reversed.

"Shit"I whispered for the hundreth time that night.

I started to panic.The fire poker scraped the wooden floorboards. I sturgged with the door as the scraping got closer and closer. I heard footsteps behind me, and turned around to see her about to hit me with the fire poker.I ducked and ran into the next room over. There was a door,that had been left open,so I quickly ran inside.

Her footsteps approached once again, this time quickler. She hit the door with the fire poker sending it through.She hit it over and over again,each time breaking more wood from the center.I ran down the flight of stairs behind me which led me to the basement.

"Guys,guys"I yelled

"Whoa,whoa whats going on"Pope asked

"She's up there.She tried to kill me with a fire poker"I said trying to catch my breath.
"We gotta go.I locked her in the parlor but we gotta go"

"Okay,code red"JJ yelled

"Oh my god"Pope said with wide eyes

"John B,get back on,man"JJ yelled

"I'm comming"He yelled up.

I joined the boys and started pulling the rope.It was lighter then expected,infact it felt like nothing was on the other end.

"Shit where is he""JJ asked

"John B-"I stared

Pope and JJ started yelling down to him,talkng over eachother