The Fist Laugh

Being a Hero's a Gas!

Warning: this chapter is DARK. it contains child abuse, homophobia, violence, death and a permanent injury.

SAT: Japanese equivilant of SWAT

Chapter 3: The first laugh

Batman frowned as the crane finally arrived, its mechanical arm raising a caged platform which could comfortably hold six people. Stabding on the platform already was the Crane's operator who opened the waist height door and ushered them on. Kyoka and Momo carefully picked up the unconscious greenette with the stretcher and got aboard the platform, the blonde teen who had now recovered from his quirk's drawback stumbled on behind them while clutching his head in pain from the headache.

"Uh, you hopping on?" The operator asked batman nervously.

"I'll make my own way down." He replied bluntly before leaping off the cliff face while using his cape as a glider to touch down safely.

The fog had finally cleared away leaving the full extent of the damages and unconscious villains clear to see. Already officers were rounding up the unconscious villains and a dozen SAT members were surrounding the now bound on metal creature with an exposed brain as they cautiously herded it out of the facility. The sound of hydrolic pistons besides him marked the decent of the crane's cage.

"Damn this guy is big." One of the officers grunted as he and another officer dragged an unconscious hippo faced villain from the conflagration zone, he looked to of been attacked by a bird of some kind going by the scratch marks.

"Tell me about it." The other officer grunted. "I'd rather have to drag around Fatgum than this guy."

"Yeah, atleast Fatgum won't eat you, this guy was wanted for acts of cannibalism." The first officer gagged in disgust.

A metallic thud marked the end or the crane's decent before the sound of sliding metal on metal marked the opening of the door as the heroes in training carried the stretcher off the platform. Already paramedics were rushing in to check the teens over. Batman frowned as he looked at the discarded gas canister that had at one point been in the creature's mouth. It looked like someone took Joker's gas canisters and inverted the color pallet to be primarily purple instead of green. Two officers had it on the ground with an evidence tag as they took pictures to be used later.

"Batman, who's kneecap privlages do I need to revoke for harming my son?"

[Years ago]

Izuku always knew he was different even for a kid who was quirkless. His skin was white as bleach, his hair a vibrant neon green and despite what some people thought he wasn't always skin and bones, he was actually rather muscular, had been since he was ten. Day in and day out he was tormented by the other children in the school. Parents were no better. It was a common sight for Izuku to see parents glaring at him, ushering away their children while saying he, HE, was the freak of nature and a villain in the making. He didn't understand, ever since he could remember he only wanted to make people smile like All Might could, to be able to say "I Am Here!" and make everything alright.

He did some searching for what made people laugh and how to make people happy, then he stumbled by accident onto a woman, a new hero who had just graduated her heroics school called Miss Joke. Her quirk was rarely actually used outside villains and yet she did her best to make people laugh and forget the troubles of the world. It was at that moment he knew he that even if he could never be the next all Might, he would be the one who makes people laugh and bring joy to their lives, while there was a Jokster to bring the laughter, there needed to be a Jester to keep people happy.

So, that is what he did. He would become the Jester that people needed, wether it was allowing them to beat the crap out of him, entertaining a sad child or even sacrificing himself to allow others to get away from bullies, instead drawing their ire to himself. More often then not he came home bloodied and bruised, waving off his mother's questions in the process.