"chapter 35: maid and lady part 1"

If you dont remember last chapter, savanah milfrod, marchioness of milfrod came to visit roxanne, roxanne found savanah fidgety and suspicious and kept interviewing her. Roxanne then knew savanah was trying to do something to get information about kallisto, The current emperor of solman. This, is a continuation of that story.

Roxanne soon awoken from her deep slumber.

"What a strange dream" she said to herself as she rubbed her eyes.

A strange knock was soon heard from outside the ladies chambers.

"Who is it?" Roxanne asked, willingly wishing it was edmund to tell him the crazy day she had yesterday.

The person behind the door soon answered "Its ralph my lady, breakfast will soon be served"

"I'll get ready, call annie over to help me please" roxanne replied, she had a dissapointed reaction. "I wonder what father is doing" she thought

Another knock was soon heard. "My lady, its annie. May i come in?" Annie came as she heard to help the lady to get ready

"Come in" roxanne said. "Come in, its almost time for breakfast"

Annie stepped inside the lady's chambers and got to work. While getting ready roxanne thought of something.

"Is there something wrong?" Annie looked over at roxanne, waiting for a reply.

Roxanne was hesistant. "Annie, i hope this isnt offensive but... why are you still working here?" Annie was suprised at the question the lady asked.

"What do you mean?" Annie asked hesitantly.

"You were about 15 when i was born...you should be resting now that your in your 40's" roxanne said, teasing annie little by little.

"Let me remind you young lady that i am 39! Not 40..." as annie corrected the lady, roxanne laughed "well im sorry that i added an extra 1 to your age"

Annie smiled. "Im still working here because i want to. It was thanks to my lady that i am still here too this day..." annie had such a bright face while that was said. Roxanne felt glad knowing she had one person in the duchy she knows she can trust.

"Arent you sad?" Roxanne asked. "What do you mean sad?" Annie curiously answered. "For 24 years, because of me you were never able to get a family. I overheard you talking back then, you wished for a family of your own, one you can take care of.." roxanne's face soon drooped.

Annie laughed. "And you made that come true! thanks to you, i was able to make family, it is you my lady. You and the whole duchy! I may be old, i still have alot of time to live. But if i were to die tomorrow, i would die with no regrets."

Roxanne felt comforted of those words. After 24 years of being in this world, she remembered about her past life after so long. After that sentence roxanne saw the resembelance between her and her mother back in the modern days. After years of living, years of fighting, years of loving.

She once again remembered and thought. "I am hikari. Hikari tsumino.." tears were about to drop, but roxanne didnt want to cry. She wanted to look happy infront of annie, who had been there all her life.

Suddenly, A noise interupted them. It was ralph. "My lady, breakfast is now served, please come down if you feel like it". Roxanne stood up and looked straight at annie.

"Hey, when your free, why dont we take a stroll later. Once im done?"

Annie smiled. "I would love that my lady".

Roxanne left the room and went downstairs for breakfast. Edmund was nowhere to be seen. His seat was empty and there was no food in his place. "Where is father?" Roxanne asked.

"He has documents he must finish, he will eat later" a maid answered. Roxanne was worried, edmund wouldnt skip breakfast without a good reason, she only thought that there had been a problem in the capital. She ate with worry on her shoulders, hoping the duke wouldnt stress himself much, even in his condition.

She soon finished breakfast, and went to look for annie. She was nowhere to be seen

She asked ralph about it and he couldnt help, as he didnt know where she was. Roxanne soon became anxious, she soon felt a light tap. "My lady? Are you ready?" Annie was behind her, she was in her room getting ready. "Yes...lets get going then, annie" roxanne said in relief.

They soon rode a carriage, making their way to thier destination. Roxanne took a step out of the carriage and took a deep breath. Feeling the sensation she hasnt felt for a long time.

"What do you want to do first my lady?" Annie asked. Happy to see roxanne was feeling joyful.

"Do you have anything on mind annie?" Roxanne looked at annie, she was thinking really deep as if it was a quiz she had to answer.

"Do you mind going to a cake shop? I found one near here i while ago. It has very good shortcakes, not just that. They also have a selection of beverages!" Annie recommended, roxanne nodded and they made their way to the cakeshop.

Once they arrived they took an order, it had been so long since roxanne let out and talk normally to annie. She felt happy, relieved you might say.

After a few chitchats later, roxanne noticed something following them. A figure.

"Are you finished annie?" Roxanne stood up and asked. "I am, is there a place where you wanna go my lady?" Annie asked, confused on why she stood up so fast.

"Yes! I have a place i wanna show you" Roxanne grapped annie's hand. Payed for the snack and ran out the shop. She ran as fast as she could, trying to outrun the figure following her. She soon lost it and glanced at annie.

She was panting like crazy. "Im so sorry annie! I think i ran too fast.." roxanne apologized. "Its no problem! You must have been so excited to show me something!" Annie replied. Roxanne stared at annie. "What an angel she is" roxanne thought to herself.

After a few walks, roxanne showed a beautiful scenery to annie, she glanced at her. Annie looked speachless. She saw a place so beautiful that even after 39 years of living, leaves her amazed. A scenery once told between the original novel.

A place that kallisto....was meant to show lilac.

Hey guys! Sorry for the wait..

I felt sorry for always making you guys wait so long, so i tried improving my writing skills and changed them up a bit

This way, its more easier to read and its longer! I have alot of plans for this novel. And each time i open this app i keep seeing this novel grow!

Thank you all for the support and i hope you liked this.

And as always

SEE YOU NEXT TIME~