03- MISTAKES

"Some hearts understand each other even in silence

"Some hearts understand each other even in silence."
- unknown

He brings his hand up to the first button, undoing it. Then to the next. I watch as he takes off his shirt in front of me. His gaze reached mine. A buzzing feeling engulfed all my senses. My face turned the same shade of red as the stain on his shirt.

He continues down his shirt, I refuse to make any more eye contact. But his face isn't blurred anymore like it was outside. I can see him, feeling completely sober as I look at him. He's quiet yet he has such a loud presence. He gives off a sort of comfort. Looking at him made me feel safe in a sense. It was weird.

You can tell just at first glance that going to clubs wasn't his typical Sunday night activity.

Or maybe I'm completely wrong and he always spends his Sunday nights at the club. I wouldn't know I've only known the man for about 10 minutes. Now realizing that he could possibly be a serial killer or something.

"You're not a serial killer right?" My thoughts now blurted out into the space between us.

He looks up at me with a smile. Dimples. And says "No definitely not but if I was, it would've been too late to ask that." He smirks.

"Ha. Ha. Very funny." I scoff crossing my arms, getting his joke. I can feel his gaze still on me as a low laugh comes from deep within his chest. Sending goosebumps cascading down my spine.

I finally meet his gaze, as he slides his shirt off his back. His eyes are what caught my attention this time. Taking all the air from my lungs and squeezing. They were the most beautiful color of green, it was like every mystical forest in every fairytale book I've ever read. There was a world behind them.

He sticks his hand out, holding his dress shirt. I try to keep my eyes from gazing down. I grab his shirt from him taking out my stain remover pen, beginning to remove the dark red from his shirt.

"Um, are you sure that pen is going to take out the stain?" He says with a spectacle look on his face.

"Yeah. My friend is always spilling stuff on herself. I carry it everywhere with me and when I say it works like magic, I mean it." I tell him.

"Ok, I'm trusting you. I don't want to go home shirtless." He responds, making me smile.

After completely drawing on the stain with my pen, I place the stained part of the shirt under water. The stain completely disappeared within a few seconds. I walk over to the hand dryer putting the shirt under it so it dries.

I look back to see him leaning against the sink staring at me. Still so very shirtless of course.

"All done," I say turning around to face him, showing him the shirt.

His eyes go wide.

"You know I wasn't expecting a pen to take out that stain. You weren't lying when you said it works like magic." He says taking the shirt from me.