04- THE F*%#! EMAIL

"Sometimes home is a person"- unknown

- unknown

I take a seat next to her on the couch. Turning my body to face her. All I've been able to think about since last night was him. Those breathtaking greens take up all the space in my mind. Again.

You'll never see him again. Forget about him.

I look up at Mia, drowning out all the overflowing thoughts. "No. I didn't get his number." I tell her.

"Oh." That is all she manages to say.

I look away from her. "I didn't even get his name." I sigh, covering my face with my hands.

"Was he cute?" She asks, making me let out a laugh.

"Cute? He was beautiful, like genuinely breathtaking. I even asked him to take off his shirt." I explain, my face heating up at the vivid memory.

Almost spitting out her tea, "You what?!?!" Mia manages to get out mid-cough.

"Don't choke now. Wouldn't want you dying." I say patting her back.

She glares at me before I continue. "The only reason I asked him to take off his shirt was because I spilled wine on him," I explain as she eyes me curiously.

"And he took it off when you asked?" She asks, setting her mug down, fully invested in the events of last night

"Yeah. I mean I begged him too. And he even called me and I quote "the most gorgeous girl." and I didn't even ask for his name or number." I tell her almost face-palming at the thought.

"Oh wow. It sounds like you had a hell of a night. But it's ok, we all miss opportunities with seemingly great people." She says giving me a bright smile and squeezing my hand.

"This is why I'm single. I'm going to be alone forever." I joke as she swats me in the arm. I gasp, holding my hand to my chest dramatically.

"Oh stop it. You're so dramatic Vi." She says rolling her eyes and turning her attention back to the TV.

"That hurt so much. I almost shed a tear." I sniffle.

"I can't with you." She laughs.

"I'm being serious." I glare at her, making her laugh even harder.

Recovering from all the laughter, I turn to face her.

"I've been meaning to ask, are you planning anything for your birthday?" I ask.

"I don't know." She says avoiding my eyes all of a sudden.

"Do you know if your brothers are planning anything?" I ask making sure not to push the topic too much.

"No. I genuinely want nothing to do with my birthday." She says turning off the TV, and getting up to leave.

Mia was never really too open about why she hated her birthday so much. I still remember the first year we became roommates and I had found out it was her birthday and surprised her. She locked herself in her room for over a week. And I haven't surprised her since.