05- FINGERS CROSSED

"She knows who she is

She just forgot it for a little while."
- unknown

My palms are sweating from how tightly I gripped my mouse while staring at my computer. Honestly, I think it's unhealthy to be this anxious about something. Inhaling a deep breath, I click the email, opening it.

To: VioletWilson42@gmail.com

From: RegelGreensEstate@gmail.com

Dear Ms. Violet,

I regret to inform you that the only available slot for your attendance is on the 5th. Should this date be unsuitable, we encourage you to consider applying next summer. However, if you require credits during this summer term, attendance on the 5th is mandatory.

Sincerely,

Florence

I feel like throwing up. Of course, my luck is just this bad; I can't wait until next summer. I place my hand on my chest to calm my breath.

To: RegelGreensEstate@gmail.com

From: VioletWilson42@gmail.com

Thank you, Florence. It's okay; I'll start on the 5th. I need these credits. But thank you for the help.

Sincerely,

Violet

Thanks for nothing, Florence. I know it's not her fault, but how am I going to manage going to this job interview and spending the day with Mia? I can't.

❀ ❀ ❀

I've thought of every possible outcome to this situation and none of them are any good. I'll only be gone in the morning so I think my best bet is telling her and not hiding it from her.

I grab my keys out of my bag, unlocking the front door. I walk in to see Mia sitting at our dining table with a face mask on, a bottle of white wine to her right, and a huge board in front of her.

Well, this will be interesting.

"What's the special occasion?" I ask, closing the front door.

"Brainstorming, shhhh." She says, her eyebrows frowned and focused.

A moment of silence passes before she asks "What color suits me best, emerald green or pink? I can't choose." She says poking her head out from behind the big board in front of her.

"Um, I think yellow looks amazing on you. Both of those colors clash with you." I say, placing all my things on our kitchen counter. Throwing my keys into our key drawer.

"Hey, that color wasn't a choice!! But that makes sense. So I'll add yellow as an option." She retorts, taking a sip of her wine.

"Yes. Can I ask what this is for?" I question grabbing a wine glass from our cupboard.