Chapter 1: Gabriella Corazon

Named after the very first Filipino woman who fought in a Philippine war against Spain, Gabriella grew up tough. She grew up with grace and humility, yet her cold facade stood up to hide the soft heart broken beneath. She grew up along side her father, who was a trained assasin. Her father came from a generation wherein every member of the family was either a military graduate, or an assasin trained to kill and to slaughter people, innocent or not. She was raised with weapons, and love. Two things that should never go with each other, yet it worked so well on her that she became as good as the infamous Black Widow from the Avengers.

When Gabriella turned fifteen, she got herself her very first assignment. It was to kill a very big politician. It went pretty smoothly, though she knew that the blood that had stained her hands were darker. After that flawless assassination, multiple people started to commission her into taking care of more business. And for the next seven years, she was proclaimed as "Mayari".

Mayari was the goddess of the moon, it will take a lot to know why she was called like that. Her figure was seen, in the moonlight as she glides to kill the enemy. It was the last thing they would see before the life flashes before their own eyes. That was when news got out to the Gods. The unpopular gods.

Mayari had picked her as the avatar, mainly because of her wit, and skills. She was perfect for the avatar Mayari was waiting for all these time. Gabriella first met Mayari in her dreams, she thought it was all a figment of her imagination until she discovered something unusual with herself. She had became more agile, strong, graceful, and she moved as if the light was her kingdom, and the darkness was her property. The sword that she uses to slay and hurt people was now tinted with various baybayin and unknown symbols even historians couldn't decipher.

Every full moon, there comes Mayari in her dreams. She had informed her about the whereabouts in and out of the Godly society and what to do if there were things that needed her attention. Gabriella was hesitant about it, not until she grew to love the fun and adrenaline it gave her. And that was the assurance Mayari was waiting for. For the past seven years, Gabriella had fought crimes under the moon unspotted. She did her work, clean and flawless so the police or any authorities could track her down and force her to fight.

"I have a very important job for you. My good friend, Khonshu asked for help. And I'm going to deploy you to the place called London to guard on his... Avatar. The situation is a bit complicated, he'll have his Avatar explain it to you."

Mayari spoke to her as her body slept peacefully in the soft cushions of her rest house in Hawaii. She reluctantly agreed, she just got out of a mission yesterday. Now she's going into another one possibly dangerous. It was the first time a God from Egypt had called for Mayari's help. Though it did spark a whole new interest in the girl's mind.

"You'll see Khonshu because of your link in me, as the Moon Goddess. I'll need you to summon the suit when you really need to. Until then, stay hidden in plain sight."

Gabriella stirred awake, finding herself buried under the heavy covers as multiple pillows were scattered around her as it acts like her big spoon. She does like being comfortable when sleeping, and pillows can also be used as a weapon just in case someone tried to attack her while she was asleep.

"Alright." She mumbled, sighing as she gets up from her bed.

All the information was uttered in her brain before Mayari's voice faded away. Apparently, Khonshu would be appearing at her arrival in the UK to lead her where she was supposed to be. It confused her, why other gods wanted Mayari's help when they had more devotees than her. Maybe it's because Mayari was one of the most powerful gods in Philippine Mythology, but it wasn't an excuse for other gods to ask for her help unless it required the power of difference between moon gods. Mayari wouldn't be imprisoned by other Egyptian Gods mainly because they were under different places and rules.

Gabriella first thought that it could be a joke when she got into this mess. Though she liked the adrenaline so she wasn't complaining as she let herself do the job with a handsome payment after.... Diamonds, and Jewels from ancient times. Mayari had provided her too much wealth that Gabriella didn't even have to take assignments from different mafia gangs, syndicates, government, authorities, or just plainly work as some engineer or something.

A faint music of Philippine Pop music was heard in the distance as she packed the belongings she would need for this trip. It was mostly her essentials, maybe a few guns here and there. It's not like she's boarding the public airport. She had her own private plane, courtesy of Mayari of course. It wasn't like she's gonna get rich from killing people....right?

____________________________________

With a small sigh escaping her lips, Gabriella looks over to the view before her. Her long dark brown hair shone under the sunlight as it blew against the cold air of London. A small shiver ran down her spine as she walked down the stairs, to the car waiting for her. The driver exits the car as she gets in, her luggage already in the trunk before driving off to her destination.

"Didn't think you'd want to leave your child to take me on a tour." Gabriella commented, a figure sitting awkwardly in the back of the car she drove.

"Gabriella Corazon, please to meet Mayari's most trusted Avatar." The bird god says, paying no attention to the comment the girl made, at the sense of his present.

"I would say it's lovely meeting you, but you ruined my vacation. Khonshu." Gabriella muttered her face staying stoic and focused.

"I had not other choice but to drag Mayari into this. She and I go way back." Khonshu shrugged, the mortal girl just shrugging in return.

"As long as Mayari pays me, I'll be doing my job pretty easily. Now tell me, what do I have to do?"

(Leave comments if you like! It motivates me when people do so. Hope you enjoy this fic.)