Chapter 19: Sorry

Both Steven and Marc had no idea where the heck did this new number on their phone came from. When Marc woke up the next morning, a sudden message on his phone alerted him, thinking that he got the job he applied for like a day ago. Probably not because this is a woman. How?

Mi Reina:
If you're reading this, good morning. Hope you have a nice day.

Marc knew he never talked to any woman he passed on. Even if it's impossible, he was still waiting for her. He wanted to apologize, ask for another chance to make things right. Ask her for another chance, and maybe she will allow it. He'll explain, Steven would explain, they both would explain. Because both knew that deep down, they still yearn for her loving gaze that they failed to see in the first place.

"You talked to a woman, Marc?" Steven asked his alter, now fronting.

"No. You know I won't talk to a woman if you're not there." Marc muttered from the reflection as Steven changed his clothes.

"Do you remember Khonshu calling her little star? You think Khonshu sees her as a daughter figure?" Steven wondered, the other shrugging in return.

"I don't know. We can't ask about her from him. He's probably somewhere god knows what looking for any Avatars." Marc uttered, whilst Steven fed the fishes.

"We're going to go bankrupt if we don't find a job." Steven muttered, the other agreeing in return.

Steven turns the TV on, he didn't mind tried to change the channel knowing that Marc likes watching news like an old person. He had a reason though, to keep up what's happening without looking through the internet. And to avoid news about Cairo and anything that had happened on Egypt.

"Corazon Industries were officially relocating it's main building here in London. We have the CEO of Corazon Industries today, Miss Gabriella Corazon. Miss Gabriella?"

That made Steven and Marc perk up at the sudden mention of the girl they had been thinking of since she departed. Her face was shown on the television as the clear changes were seen through it. The scar on her face was long gone, her face was more glowing than ever, and she looked more beautiful than what she was before.

"What's the reason why you relocated your company here in the London instead of staying in the Philippines?" The newscaster had asked, Gabriella shrugging in return.

"Corazon Industries was now being recognized world wide, it's getting more wider than I had expected. Philippines had our support in weapons, but we need more franchises world wide in case I travelled. We have one in Egypt, USA, Philippines of course, Thailand and South Korea. And London was maybe a peaceful country to reside in." Gabriella shrugged, a small fake smile on her face to keep up the image.

"To reside? You have a lover now?" The reporter asked curiously, while she smirked.

"I wouldn't say lovers, were just dating. I actually just went on a date with him last night."

Oh. That hurt. Steven almost dropped his bowl at the sudden revelation. Her smile whilst talking about her mystery man was priceless. She looked as happy as ever, though it was too hard not to tear up especially if you're Steven Grant. With a small shaky sigh, he let Marc take over to digest the news.

"We're too late." Marc muttered in sadness, disappointment even.

He would've continue with their day until Marc blacked out, loosing control over his body. Jake blinked, he was taking over again. The sadness swelling inside Marc and Steven was too much, though he knew they deserved being heartbroken. They needed to be hurt, the same way she did before capturing her heart once again. But he can't help but wanting to help them get back to her. So he picked up the phone.

._________________________________.

Marc woke up, back again. In a park, all of a sudden. He was holding a bouquet of white orchids on his hand. He was dressed oddly though. A dumb hat was placed on his head while he sat in a random bench seemingly waiting for someone.

"Steven? Was that you?" Marc asked looking at his reflection through his phone screen.

"It's not me, I swear. I thought it was you, I blacked out when you took over." Steven defended, both frowning in great confusion.

"Then who was it?" Marc had mumbled, looking around.

His heart had stopped itself, his eyes following the familiar face that's closing distance between them. Steven was seemingly too frozen to even react as she walked over to where he sat. A small smile on her face until it soon disappeared as if she knew it was Marc.

"You're not—Marc?" She asked, keeping the knowledge about Jake a bit private for now.

"Gabriella." Marc muttered in awe at her appearance.

She looked more marvelous than what he saw on TV. She looked like a Goddess walking among men even in a simple attire of a black shirt, jeans and a baseball cap. She looked at him indifferently, though it relaxed a few seconds later, looking at him confusedly.

"What are you doing here?" Marc asks her curiously, not knowing what to do than to be as awkward as Steven Grant.

"You asked me to—Oh fuck. Khonshu you stupid bitch." She muttered, her eyes glaring past him as he frowned.

She shook her head, turning away from Marc as she started to walk. The man's eyes widen as Steven fronted, running in front of her. He couldn't let this chance get wasted by them cowering again. He's learned his lesson, maybe it's time to just...tell her.

"Please, listen to me. Just for a few minutes, yeah?" Steven asks her, though his tone was desperate and in need.

The girl pursed her lips, as she lead him in the empty spot in the park away from people. It was under a large three, a few flowers growing under it whilst Steven shifted his weight from one feet to another. She crossed her arms, raising a brow as she leaned her back on the trunk of the tree.

"Talk." Gabriella uttered, her tone was expectantly as Steven cleared his throat.

"I don't know how I got here nor Marc, but I wanted to clear things up between us both. We never saw each other after that day in the pyramid so I didn't have the chance to explain things. And to tell you things. I don't like Layla, nor I have feelings for her. I was confused, I was a coward. I'm sorry, if I offended you in any way." Steven ranted, his voice wavering as he practically shoved the bouquet in Gabriella's hand.

"Why are you explaining that?" Gabriella muttered.

"I told Layla those words because I panicked. I really like—love you. I swore that I would pick every stars and give the moon to you if you asked. I was too afraid of rejection that I kissed Layla before she could tell you anything. But I guess we just lost our chance because you're already dating someone." Steven stated, looking down on the ground whilst Gabriella pursed her lips.