个Chapter Six个

Asiah

"I don't have any allergies." I mimick what Mr.blackmail said in a fake deep voice and Grandpa Ed bursts out laughing.

He woke up today and after coming from Mr.Blackmail's office I stopped by his hospital room to check up on him while telling him all that happened yesterday.

Grandpa Ed tripped yesterday morning when he was coming to wake me up and I told him to always be watching his step.

This old man gave me a heart attack.

"But you brought all this on yourself child...how many times do I have to tell you that violence won't solve anything." Grandpa Ed scolds me and I sulk in the chair I'm sitting on.

"But that wasn't a violent act...I didn't even leave a scratch on the doctor, plus it was his fault anyway...why would he deny me access to see you." I defend myself and Grandpa Ed raises his right eyebrow at me.

"Arghh...fine then...it was my fault, happy?" I admit while huffing.

It turns out that someone is not supposed to see a patient immediately after they have been attended to by the doctor.

How was I supposed to know that.

"Excuse me Miss...visiting hours are over." A nurse says while strolling in with some food for Grandpa Ed.

I sigh and hug Grandpa Ed goodbye telling him that I'll stop by tomorrow.

I'm walking down the hospital's hallway when I feel myself bump into someone just as I'm turning the corner on my right.

"Oof." The sound leaves my mouth and I look up to see the doctor I had attacked.

"I'm sorry." I tell him and he gives me a small smile.

"Sorry for bumping into me or for almost beheading me yesterday?" He asks me and I mentally slap myself.

Of course he remembers me;

This is so embarrassing, should I pretend it wasn't me?

No, that's too hypocritical.

"U-uhmm... both." I mutter while looking at the ground, shame dripping from my voice.

"It's fine sweet cake, I was just messing with you." He reassures me with a hint of amusement in his voice.

"But I'm serious, also thank you for deciding to not press charges against me for assault." I tell him thankfully and he looks at me with confusion written all over his face.

"Press charges? I...." He starts saying but we get interrupted by a cough behind me.

I turn back and I'm met with Mr. Blackmail glaring daggers at the doctor.

"I suggest you both stop flirting inside my property." Mr. Blackmail says his nose flaring in anger.

What?

"Oh, no...we..." I start saying but he interrupts me.

"Save it." He growls out and storms past us his footsteps hard.

"Please don't mind him...he is just a moody cow." The doctor says and I let out a giggle.

"I'm Joe by the way." He extends his hand towards me and I shake it.

"I'm Asiah." Me and Joe say Asiah at the same time and I look at him quizzically.

Panic crosses his face for a second and then he gives me a big smile.

"I uhmmm saw your name...on the hospital records...when you brought your patient?" He says and I give him a small smile.

Yes...that could be possible, maybe I just forgot I had written my name.

"Okay then...it was nice talking to you." I tell him with a genuine smile and he gives me a single nod.

"Likewise sweet cake." He says and we go our separate ways.

I board a bus to the library and 10 minutes later, I'm opening up the library.

I keep myself busy for the rest of the evening with lending out books, cleaning the library and at exactly 7.30 p.m I close up and walk home.

                     个 个 个
"Mmmm" I moan when I finally sink myself inside the duvets on my bed.

I turn looking for a comfortable position and I wince when I feel something poking my hip.

I lazily groan and reach inside my sweatpant side pocket.

I find a small bracelet, I take it out and place it on the bedside table.

It's my night in shining armor's bracelet.

I groan not wanting to remember that horrible night 5 months ago.

I had locked up the library pretty late on that day and started my walk home.

Grandpa Ed's library is just a walking distance from my apartment.

The street lights were on but there was nobody walking around except me.

This is so creepy.

As I neared the corner that was just next to my apartment block, someone grabbed me from behind and in the process placing his gloved hand on my mouth.

I couldn't scream.

I was so convinced that I was going to die that day.

Grandpa Ed was the first person to cross my mind, I imagined him crying infront of my grave raving on and on about how he was the one supposed to leave this world before me.

"Get on your knees, you black bitch....and don't turn around." He orders me and I had no other option but to obey.

Maybe... just maybe, if I do what he said he wouldn't kill me....I had reassured myself.

"Now give me all your valuables or I will pull this trigger and watch the bullet pass through your skull." He ordered me and I shakily removed my phone from my bag.

I had never been robbed before.

That was the first time.

And to say I was scared is an understatement, I was petrified.

"Hey, you." Someone called out and I heard the robber's breathing get heavier.

"Fuck!" The robber cursed out and ran past me disappearing into the corner nearby.

He dropped a wooden stick just as he was turning the corner and it all dawned on me.

He didn't have a gun?

A wooden stick...

He wanted me to believe he had a gun.

"Hey." The same voice that saved me from all this mess calls out again and I look to see a man in a suit running past me.

A bracelet falls out of his suit pocket next to me and I open my mouth, ready to call him but he is already gone.

I get up from my kneeling position while taking the bracelet.

I run to the corner both the robber and the suit man disappeared to but I don't see anyone.

Great...I didn't even get to say my thank you to the suit man.

And I can't put a feature to his face since I didn't even see him.

I sigh and run the remaining distance to my apartment not wanting to meet another robber again.

I remember clutching the suit man's bracelet in my hand that day and from that day onwards,

that bracelet became my lucky charm.

I finally find a comfortable position and I slip into slumber.