Chapter 2~ the new villager

you wake up from your deep slumber, just to realize you've woken up later than intended, you swiftly get dressed and rush to grab your box of belongings before speeding to the bus

the person driving the bus wouldn't look at you or talk to you so it made the bus ride quite uncomfortable judging by the fact that you were the only two on the bus near the end of the ride, other than that the scenery looked nice so far, there was so much greenery it was so refreshing compared to the city
you couldn't wait to get there. it was giving you chills just thinking about it.
just as you're admiring the scenery, a bird pecked at your window, you were puzzled since the only birds in the city were pigeons so it was odd for a bird to attempt to go near someone.

when you finally arrive you are greeted by the local carpenter, robin, she seemed thrilled to see you. robin leads you to your house while you both get to know each other a bit, she mentioned that the mayor, lewis, is tidying things up a bit. you were hoping the fields weren't too overgrown since the last time you went there but knowing how often your grandfather had to clear weeds, rocks and extra trees it would most likely be a wreck.

as you walk through the gate you stand there in shock, you knew it would be bad but you weren't expecting only about 10% of the land to be usable. robin spots the shocked look on your face and asks 'what's the matter?'
you reply with 'it's just a lot to take in' you didn't want to seem ungrateful but my yoba that is gonna take forever to clear. robin states 'sure it's a bit overgrown but there's some good soil underneath that mess' robin was probably right your grandfather always harvested the best tasting vegetables so you're sure you can do the same!!

you approached the cottage as lewis slowly walked towards you, lewis and robin welcomed you to the valley and went home after at least an hour of chatting. all of the socialising had tired you out, you were chatting on the decking so you hadn't actually went in the cottage yet. you settled yourself into bed and fell asleep almost instantly.

-the next morning-

-------------------------

you wake up to the sound of someone knocking on your door, to be honest you were terrified. you had only just moved in and hadn't really met anyone so why would anyone be knocking this early. as you take a few moments to calm yourself you hesitantly approach the door. you're met with a familiar face, oh it was lewis "I just decided to drop by to give you this box of parsnips to get you started on your farming" you quickly thanked him and he left. you decided to go meet everyone before you started farming, you didn't want to seem rude or antisocial. apparently the stardrop saloon is very lively in the evenings so you wanted to go there to get some introductions in.