Chapter 7

———-
Flaky sat on the couch watching documentaries on Antarctica. They were feeling a bit sleepy as they listened to the soft voice reciting facts about polar bears.

They were on the verge of sleep when their doorbell rang. Suddenly alter and frightened, their quills harden; puncturing the couch cushions.

They got off the couch and shook with the cushions stuck to their quills.

"Flaky! It's us! Cuddles and Giggles!", said Cuddles.

Relaxing, Flaky pulled the cushions off and walked to the door. They adjusted their hat and unlocked all of the locks on their door.

Finally opening the door just a smidge to greet their friends.

"Hello, what brings you here at night?", asked Flaky in a timid manner.

"We are going to an abandoned skate park in the woods! We're going to tell ghost stories!", said Cuddles.

"Want to come?", asked Giggles.

"O-Oh no thank you, I don't like scary stories and it's a-awfully dark out.....", replied Flaky.

Cuddles had pushed the door more open to speak properly to Flaky with a roll of his eyes. Once the door was open, he and Giggles were surprised to see Flaky's outfit.

"Wow! You look great Flaky! What's the occasion?", said Giggles.

"No occasion I just....w-wanted to wear this....", said Flaky.

"It's a shame to hide yourself like this when you look so good! Come on!", said Cuddles.

"Yeah, everyone will love it!", said Giggles.

"O-oh no! I-I", stuttered Flaky.

Giggles and Cuddles pulled Flaky out of the house. Flaky struggling against them.

"O-Okay! Okay! But only if it's a small group...", said Flaky.

Cuddles and Giggles let go and smiled. Cuddles explained that one other person was coming and that it was toothy.

"Now that we have that out of the way, let's go to the store first so we won't be stuck in the dark!", said Giggles.

"Toothy should be setting the place up, so let's hurry.", said Cuddles.

Flaky, Cuddles, and Giggles walked to the store instead of driving. Flaky was terrified as they held both Cuddles and Giggles hands.

"Awe don't be scared Flaky, the store is only a few blocks  away.", said Cuddles.

A few more feet and they made it.

"See! Now let's split up so we don't make Toothy wait too long.", said Cuddles before he left go of Flaky's hand.

Flaky had a moment of panic as they watched Cuddles and Giggles walk away. Flaky trembled a little before they calmed their nerves.

They tentatively grab a basket and began to look for items while within budget. They have only a little bit of pocket change on them.
———

A green raccoon with a fedora browsed the isles.

-he and his brother meet Flaky

-he totally follows Flaky and their friends not because he thinks their pretty and because of their stuff they bought

-he and his brother argue

-a bear (wild) mauls his brother and he runs

-he runs into flaky, who invites him to the group

-he forgets about the bear (wild)  and his brother (dead) at the sight of food
———-
Bye for now!