|9: ᴀɴᴅʀᴇ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sᴏʟᴠᴇ ʜɪs ᴘʀᴏʙʟᴇᴍs|

"Later, hermosa!"

☾︎

I watched the Madrigal walk away with a smirk on his face, as I froze in front of my home.

"O-oh... okay then." I muttered before turning the doorknob and stepping inside, as I was greeted with my cousins screaming at each other.

"Oh my God Bianca, I'm just gonna be gone for an hour, you can pack up this stuff on your own!" My eldest cousin, Andre, scowled down at my only female cousin.

"Well I don't wanna pack up all of this and take care of Dominic too! Just stay here and help for Christ's sake!" She snapped back at him, as Dominic sat on the couch with confusion. From the looks of things, I guess their parents were out in town.

They must've not heard me opening the door because of how loud they were. But the more I looked around the house, I realized some things were missing, displaced, or on the floor. Then I saw some boxes on the counter.

I cleared my throat to grab their attention, which gladly worked as their eyes were now on me.

"Um, what happened here?" I asked, my eyes glancing around the different looking room.

Andre took a deep breath before explaining. "Well, I know this is the most random thing ever but, apparently were moving to a new home, and our parents only decided to tell us this morning because it was supposed to be a 'surprise.'"

My eyes slightly widened, still looking around the room before he continued.

"And the worst part is, thanks to their stupidity, we only have two days to finish packing everything. Plus, I already told my friends that we would hang today." He glared at Bianca, who rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"Don't look at me like that. Stop acting like a five year old and just tell then that you can't make it. If we have more hands, then we'll get this boxing done faster!" She groaned, looking at me as if asking for help.

I sighed. "Sorry Andre, but I agree with her. Now since were unexpectedly... moving, we should get this done quick. Wait- how much time do we have for this?" I looked at the boy as I placed my satchel on the counter.

"Two days, meaning we have to spend all of today and tomorrow packing up everything."

Now, this wasn't the best news to hear at this time. First of all, I've just agreed that I would help Mirabel find more information about her mysterious uncle. If I have to "spend the entire two days packing stuff", then how is that gonna help with this whole "mission"?

I cursed under my breath, then headed upstairs to start packing my things.

☾︎

I squinted my eyes as I stepped out of my home into the town, greeted with the brightness of the sun. Pepa Madrigal must've been quite happy today.

Just as I was about to take another step outside, at the corner of my eye I noticed a flash of white and dark grey run past me.

"Crap... Arepa get back here!"

I probably sounded completely stupid then, I still ask myself why I decided to name my cat that.

I quickly set the boxes I was holding onto the ground and chased after the runaway cat. Which thankfully, didn't run too far.

I paced back into the home ready to blame my younger brother, Mateo, for not watching the cat like I told him to. When I walked inside, he was (like always) messing around with Dominic.

"Mateo, I told you to watch the cat for me!" I set the cat onto the couch beside him, as he rolled his eyes and continued to... Push Dominic.

I grabbed the boxes again and walked to the new home. Like my Tia said, I was supposed to put the three boxes in the foyer.

But as I arrived at the home, my eyes widened.

New homes always look nice. But this? This was more than nice. It was colorful as casita, and seemed maybe half the size of it. I quickly snapped out of my thoughts and rushed inside, placed the boxes down and ran back outside. If I wanted to help Mirabel, I had to finish this first. Somehow.

As if the universe had read my mind, I turned to see Mirabel entertaining about 6 of the town children. Now, was the perfect time to explain why I currently can't help her with the "mission".

"Hey Mirabel!" I shouted, running up to her. "Sorry I didn't talk to you again yesterday about the magic and all that, I got caught up in this thing and... Are you okay?" I noticed she was looking nervous, and speechless.

"Um..." She looked down at the ground, avoiding eye contact with me as me and the children looked at her with confusion.

She then looked at the kids and smiled awkwardly. "Sorry kids... I gotta go-" The curly haired girl speed walked over to me, grabbed my wrist and walked off to the closest alleyway.

"What was that a- Oh." I nearly gasped as she shapshifted into Camilo, who leaned against a wall.

"Yea, it's me. Mirabel was... Busy, today so I'm entertaining the insane children. Now, what did you mean by 'magic and all'?" He raised an eyebrow.

I wasn't sure what to say at this point. Do I tell him? Do I not tell him? And how am I supposed to change the subject.

I then had the sudden urge to look to my right, and thank God. I noticed Maria walking through the town.

"Oh well... My friends looking for me so never mind that!" I said before speed walking to the amber eyed girl, who noticed me walking up to her and smiled.

"Hey (Y/N)! I didn't see you at the celebration that night, did you not go or something?" I felt as if my heart dropped. How come I only realized this now?

I slepped with her crush. Now that I think of that, it sounds completely wrong. What the hell is wrong with me?

Now, what was I supposed to tell her? "Oh, I slepped with the man of your dreams last night, sorry"?

"Well... I was talking with Isabela Madrigal, so I might've not noticed you, sorry." I nervously chuckles as her eyes slowly widened.

"Isabela? The flower girl?" She tilted her head as I nodded.

"Yea, I kinda befriended her that day, so..."

"What the heck, are you saying that your leaving me for her?" Maria raised an eyebrow and crossed her arms.

"Wh-what... No, Why would I-" Before I could finish my statment, I felt someone's warm breath on the back of my neck, causing me to gasp and turn around.

Of course, it had to be him. Why was he everywhere all of a sudden?

"I'm pretty sure people are aloud to have more than one friend, Dont you agree?" He put a hand on my shoulder, raising one eyebrow at the girl who only stared at him with widened eyes.

"O-oh.. Hey, I've never realized how handsome you were before~" The fan girl took a step closer to him, staring deep into his hazel eyes as he rolled his. I'm guessing he has way more fan girls than this.

"As if I don't know that already." He crossed his arms.

"Mhm, Hey (Y/N), since when did you get close with Mr. Madrigal here?" She seemed to ignore his statement and instead forced a smile.

"I- I actually don't, in fact I have no idea why he's here!" I lied, looking at him.

"Actually we-" I cut the curly haired boy off by elbowing him in the chest as he tried to hide the pain.

"Right... I'm just gonna go now!" He smiled and ran off to who knows where. When I looked back at my friend, she had a serious look on her face.

"Wow, tryna steal my crush now?" She asked as I non-amusingly flicked her forehead.

☾︎

A/N: Again, sorry this came our late! I know this won't get much views anymore because people are leaving the fandom but I'm still gonna try and write this! Now it's 12:13 am so I should probably sleep since I have school-