|28: ɴᴏᴡ ᴄᴀᴍɪʟᴏ's ɢᴏɴᴇ ʙᴇᴀsᴛᴍᴏᴅᴇ|

Chapters might not come out as often as before. My cat got hit by a car and is slowly getting better, but is loosing his appetite for food and medicine. So as I'm going through a low point in my life right now please be patient with me! :)

☾︎

I knocked on the casita's door a few times, waiting patiently until a familiar face opened it. Not Camilo, nor Isabela. 

"Oh! You're here." Mirabel smiled, moving aside the doorway to let me walk inside. There was something off though, this house no longer seemed to have it's magical aura.

"Yeah, where's Isa?" I asked, looking around the main floor in confusion. I expected everyone to be rushing around the home, preparing for the night. Instead, it felt... empty.

The girl shrugged. "Probably in her room. But follow me, I put together the shards." Her face grew anxious as I nodded. I gasped when stairs appeared out of nowhere in front of us, leading upstairs.

As we began walking, I heard a voice coming from one of the doors. Looking around, I heard it again, from Camilo's glowing door.

"Okay, and... boom, same hair, clothes, and-" The boy paused, so did I. Then me and Mirabel both jumped at the sound of glass shattering. "WHAT THE HELL?" He yelled in anger. "That's not my face. Damn it!" Again, another loud shatter.

"Uh, sorry about that." Mirabel nervously smiled, grabbing my attention. 

"Oh, well it's not like I care. I think." I looked back at the door one more time. To be honest, I was quite worried. But I continued to follow her to her room. Once she opened the door and we walked in, I almost shielded my eyes because of the bright green glow coming from the dresser. 

In the picture the green shards created, Mirabel stood worriedly in front of her home, which was covered in cracks. My eyes widened in shock as I looked towards the girl. 

"Casita needs to be freaking repaired?" Suddenly the door creaked open. Agustin Madrigal came in doing some little dance.

"You got your party pants on? Because I-" He immediately froze in terror, staring straight at the radiant prophecy.

I rushed to lean in front of the dresser, crossing my arms. Mirabel did the same, putting a hand on her hip. But it was already too late. Her father had seen what we were hiding just now. And yet his jaw was still dropped as far as it could possibly go. 

"Well, so you see..." I stopped, looking at Mirabel.

"I-I... broke into Bruno's tower, found his last vision, the families in trouble, the magics dying, the house is breaking-" I watched her from the corner of my eye. She seemed to be going on forever. "Luisa's gift is fading and I think it's all because of... me?" She smiled and shrugged.

His reacted remained the same as he pushed us aside, staring at the vision again. At this point it was more than awkward. I wanted to go home. 

Hm, what if I just jump out the window-

"We say nothing." He turned to the both of us. "Abuela wants tonight to be perfect," He began picking up all the shards. "Until the Guzman's leave, the magic is not dying, you girls did not break into Bruno's tower-"

"Who's we?" I questioned. I also did not want to be seen as a bad influence.

"Oh, sorry." He apologized. "Okay? The house is not breaking, Luisa's gift is not fading!" His face faded into a whisper as the door creaked open again. He put his hands on both of our shoulders. "Just act normal! No one has to know." 

Once he finished, we heard a squeak from the hallway. Us three slowly turned our heads in the direction of the noise, coming from Dolores. She stood on the other side of the second floor, watching us with shock, "I know..." She squeaked again before running off. 

"Is Dolores the type to not keep secrets?" I asked quickly.

"Nope. She's going to tell everyone." Mirabel answered.

"Time to eat!"

☾︎