| 21: I have five kids, apparently.|

"And remember the excuse, you decided to stay with your friend overnight. Got it?" Mirabel asked Camilo, as he nodded.

"Don't you dare tell your mama. Or we're all grounded." I added, continuing to walk through the streets of Encanto.

"I ain't no snitch (Y/N), also where did you say your new house was?" He questioned, looking at me.

"Close to yours... oh, we're here." I stated, stopping at the familiar home before the two stopped as well.

"Damn, it's pretty big compared to the others." Said Mirabel.

"Well your gonna need one this big if you have five kids." I spoke, before noticing how wrong that sounded.

"You have five kids?!" Camilo gasped in horror.

"Hell no! I meant my tia has three kids, and has to take care of me and my brother." I explained, rolling my eyes.

"Sounds like a nightmare, just like our casita. But we should get going now, bye (Y/N)!" Mirabel waved before she and her primo walked off to casita.

"See ya..." My voice faded when I felt a wave of anxiety wash over me. Why was I scared? Who knows, maybe it was because I was scared that my family found out what happened.

Ignoring my thoughts, I opened the door only to hear chatter coming from the kitchen. Placing my bag down by the door, I slowly stepped towards the kitchen to find my family, talking with Maria's.

'Oh crap.' I thought.

Suddenly, the floor just had to creak, causing everyone to glance at me.

"Mija! We invited the Castillos' for lunch today as you can see. How was the sleepover?" My tía asked. Was she joking? I thought André had already told everyone that I was hanging out with Maria.

Wait, but what if he didnt tell them the exact thing?

"It was fun, But I'm gonna chill in the living room for a bit. André, Come." I said, as he followed me to the other room.

As soon as we sat down, I nearly whispered; "Did you tell them I was sleeping over with Maria?"

"Hm, no." He stated. "I told them u left to stay with a friend for the night, after running into Maria later that day."

My eyes widened. Oh no.

"Now, where were you last night? Better not be with some guy." He said as I smirked.

"As if you dont do the same."

"Shut up! Now can you answer my question?" He asked. (Demanded)

I rolled my eyes. "I was with another friend, I just thought you would get all protective since you dont know her." I lied, though the boy only peered down at me with unamusement. If there was anyone that knew me too well, it was him.

"Oh my god fine, I went to Bogotá."

"YOU W-" I quickly covered his mouth so no one would hear. Especially the twelve year old girl that walked towards the bathroom.

"Everything okay?" Bianca asked, turning her head to face us.

"Sure." I spoke blandly, as she shrugged and walked off.

"Why the hell would you have the idea to do that?!" He whisper-yelled. I paused so quickly it was like my brain stopped, unable to think of an excuse.

I then sighed in defeat. "I... I figured that since I'll be here for most likely a while now, I should go visit the city before getting used to the Encanto again. And maybe... try to find out what happened with my parents and all." My voice slowly turned into a whisper.

Did I actually care about my parents leaving me? No, not in a sad way atleast. My parents were always so caught up with work that me and Mateo grew up alone until late at night. To him, I was practically his mama. My mom worked as a nurse, as my dad was a bussiness man. Obviously they were hiding something, but I never cared until now.

André's face softened before he placed a hand on my shoulder. "Hey, things will get better. And if your gonna go to the city, you shouldnt go alone." He smiled.

"You're just saying that because you hate this town and madly need to get away." I elbowed him as he faked pain.

"Jesus (N/N), what is it with you and elbowing people?" He glared at me.

"You mean annoying people? Well even if i wanted to I cant just slap them, so I-" My vocals were seized by a voice from the kitchen.

"Lunch is ready!"

☾︎

SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG TO COME OUT!!