Prologue

3rd person's POV
Anne walked into the class and was about to take a seat in her desk, but she froze when she heard her name be called.

"Anne, will you come here real quick?"

She nodded and nervously went up to the teachers desk, fearing that others would watch her, but in reality they were just talking to their friends and couldn't care less about why she was being called.

"Yes, Miss?"

The teacher looked up before sighing.

"Listen, you're a good kid, and I know you have potential since you've had A's and B's before but, it seems like you've been slacking lately, why is that?"

Anne gulped, and nervously shifted her weight from one leg to another, she knew she was getting bad grades in this class but she didn't think the teacher would comment on it until a few weeks, but she was wrong.

"Uh... I—I don't know?" She said hesitantly.

The truth is she was getting tired of school and she already had a lot on her plate trying to deal with her regular life while balancing school.

The teacher looked pointedly at her but breathed out of her nose.

"Well, regardless of why you're getting bad grades, I recommend you get a tutor."

Anne felt herself getting nervous as her stomach sunk, she didn't like talking to people she didn't know much unless she had to.

"I... don't think that's necessary, I mean I could try to get good grades by myself!"

The teacher tapped on her pencil before saying. "Alright, you have a week, but if that doesn't work out, you will be getting a tutor."

Anne sighed but nodded.

"I understand."

"Good, now take a seat at your desk."

~Time Skip...~
It had been a little over a week, and Anne nervously took a seat at her desk, hoping that Miss. Johnson had forgotten about the tutor all together.

Unsurprisingly she didn't, and she had walked up to her desk.

"Anne, you'll be needing a tutor."

Anne nervously jiggled her leg but nodded.

"And I recommend Marcy Wu, she's an incredible student."

The brunette resisted the urge to blurt something out and just nodded again.

The teacher left to her desk, and Anne hoped she could just get through the day without more interruptions.

But she guessed she was asking too much when she heard her name be called again.

"Anne?"

She looked up and expected to see the teacher but was surprised to see another student.

"My name's Marcy, it's nice to meet you."

To be continued...

(A/N) I should probably stop making so many stories— oh well.