Chapter 2

3rd person's POV
Class ended, and Anne felt instantly relieved, as she unknowingly scanned the room for Marcy.

She soon saw her packing her things and she smiled and headed her way.

"Hey,"

Marcy looked up a little startled, but relaxed into a smile once she saw her.

"Hi,"

It went silent as Anne buried her hands into her pockets and patiently waited for the other girl to be done, and not long after she was.

Marcy slung her backpack over her shoulder and began walking, which made Anne do the same.

"So..."

They caught each other's eyes as Marcy broke the eye contact already feeling a smile landing on her face.

"Uh, when are we gonna start with the tutoring?" Anne asked, already looking forward to it, but trying to sound nonchalant.

The other girl raised an eyebrow before glancing around the halls they were walking through.

"That's what you're worried about?"

Anne realized what it seemed like and she quickly stammered an apology.

"Oh, no, no, I didn't mean it like that! I actually like spending time with you not just because of like tutoring! I don't really care for that— well, I do since you're there—"

She cut herself off though when she heard Marcy stifle a laugh, and Anne looked at her in confusion.

"I— wow, I was only joking but, it's nice to know you like me for me."

Anne's face flared up, and she groaned.

"I was over here worrying that you were sad and this is how you repay me?" She joked.

Marcy stopped laughing but had a smile on her face.

"Don't worry, I know you like me."

Anne tore her eyes away from her as a lingering blush stayed, and if only they knew how true that would be later on.

To be continued...