4. KALEB

THIS IS IT

THIS IS IT. A new chapter in my story. A new page in my life. Saying goodbye to the house I had lived in since I was a small baby was harder than I thought. So many memories.

"Hey you all finished in here?" My mom asked me from my doorway. "Yeah, just taking one last look" I huffed. My mom walked in and gave me a hug and then left to help Finn. Grabbing my last box I jogged down the hallway where my brother was hauling his dinosaur collection in a bag towards the front door.

"Here I'll help. But can you grab Bear and his lead for me" I asked him, bending down to pick up his bag. "Ok Ellie. Come on Bear!" He yelled, making Bear run through the house to him. We walked out the front door for the last time and put the last of the stuff in the back of the car. A few minutes later we arrived at the 'Cortez Castle' as Finn likes to call it.

Awaiting us at the door was none other than Kaleb, who was with no one else. Being the gentleman that he is, note the sarcasm, opened my door with a comment towards my outfit. I thought my grey sweats and ACDC shirt would be appropriate for moving. Giving him a slap on the back of the head, I grabbed my stuff from the car boot and made my way inside with Bear following on my heels. As I was walking down the halls to my new room I heard a shriek.

"WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?!" Kian squealed from his door, pointing at Bear. Bear's head jerked to the sight of a new person and ran up to Kian to sniff his feet, making him scream murder.

"Bear is a he and is most commonly known as a dog" I explained. The Australian Shepherd puppy sat down in front of and wagged his tail waiting for a pet from Kian. He hesitantly bent down to pat Bear and he happily obliged with a tail wag. "If you don't mind I'm going to unpack in my room and give him some water" I huffed, turning around and opening my door. Bear ran inside and tried jumping on bed but severely misjudged the height of the bed and how he could jump. Causing him to jump into the side of the bed and falling back down, shrugging it off with a shake. I giggled at the scene as he walked back over to me.

"Welcome home, Bear" I scratched behind his ear.

————————————

I've had all day to unpack my stuff into my new room when I heard a ruckus downstairs. Leaving my room to see what was happening, I saw Kaleb also stick his head out of his room to see what the noise was about. Once I got downstairs I saw what seemed like Kane wrestling another boy while Kian cheered them on. Clearing my throat so they'd know I was in the room, I tapped my foot until they stood up.

"Oh sorry about that Elliana. We were just mucking around" apologised Kane. The other boy also nodded his head in agreement.

"Care to introduce me to this stranger in the living room?" I pressed. It seemed like hours before it finally clicked in the twins head that I asked a question.

"Oh yeah. Elliana meet our best friend Parker Stone, and Parker this is Elliana, our new sister" Kian exaggerates.

"Nice to meet you" he smiled with his dimpled cheeks. I smiled politely before turning to Kaleb who stood beside the Twins since coming down.