Twenty Three

After making a full round on the Ferris wheel, my cellphone rang. I got it out of my purse as we jump out of the ride as it came to a halt. I excused myself as I eyed the name flashing on my screen. I pursed my lips before clicking the answer button.

"What is it?" I asked as I placed the phone on my ear.

"How's the date? Since you've ignored my messages, I would guess it went well." Hugh replied sourly.

I sighed heavily at his reply. "What do you want Hugh? I'm busy." I asked again as I ignored his comment.

"How long would that date take? Because I'm sure you can't get ready in under an hour for the party tonight. Well unless you are ditching it."

I gasped as his words hit me. I pulled the phone away from my ear and eyed the time on the upper right corner. I placed the phone back in my ear in annoyance. "Why didn't you get straight to the point and yelled that fact at me?"

"I don't want to get fired and if I did that, it's likely that you will." He admitted deadly.

"But doing this doesn't mean I'm not thinking about it." I grumbled before ending the call.

I called Russell on speed dial and asked him to picked me up as fast as he could. And from his brief answer, I think he was already on his way. He just waited on my call for the location.

"From the sound of your frantic voice, I think I've overdone it." I jumped slightly at the sound of Eric's voice behind me. I was in the moment that I forget that I was on a date with him.

"I'm sorry, Eric. I forget that I had an appointment tonight. I though that it wouldn't take as the rest of the day for the date." I apologetically said.

"It's okay. Though I feel like you've dent my ego, but I know you are a busy woman." He held up his hand with a shy smile.

"I'm so very sorry. But if it is any consolation, I had fun today." I admitted truthfully.

"I think I will sleep better at night knowing that you weren't bored and made an excuse for ditching me." He joked lightly with a chuckle.

"Thank you for understanding." I walked up to him and gave him a brief kiss on his cheek.

As I stepped away from him, an incoming call stopped Eric from saying something. He closed his mouth with a tight-lipped smile and gestured for me to answer it. I gave him another kiss on his cheeks before walking away as I answered the call.

I almost sprinted out of the amusement park without looking back. Russell arrived in time that I got out of the park. I didn't hesitate and got in the car as I briefly greeted him with a short 'hi' and 'let's go'. As we drove to the hotel, I felt bad for how the date ended with Eric and send him a brief, heart-felt message about how much I had fun with him. He quickly replied after a few seconds.

'It was my pleasure. I hope this would entitle me for another date where you aren't running away from me in the end.' Eric text said.

'I will see what I can do. Thank you for not being a prick about it.' I typed and clicked reply.

'You're Welcome. Good luck with that appointment.'

I felt a little stab as I read his message. Why did I feel guilty for ditching him to get to my other date? Then, the question hit me. It was acting like a two timing prick. But I shook that thought off. I was in neither exclusive relationship with the man I'm seeing. I'm not the only girl in town who had done two dates in the same day. There is such a thing as speed dating. Though the one I'm currently on is not in that nature, but the idea is there.