Twenty Nine

I was at the moment on what people call happily ever after. While I showered after our little chat, I reminisced what happened. Everything was on fast-forward I couldn't wrap my head around it. Did I just agree to be Hugh's girlfriend? So that would mean my search was over.

My thoughts were halted as someone knocked on the door. "Mitch, are you done? Do you want to eat lunch in the room or downstairs in the restaurant?" Hugh asked his voice muffled the wooden door blocking us.

"We can eat here," I replied aloud, knowing that he can hear me clearly.

"Okay! I will order us some room service," he said and then I heard his footstep walking away from the door before a door shut.

My body relaxed when I knew he was gone. From my reaction, I was confused why I was relieved he had gone out of the room. I quickly finished my bath and wrapped myself in a towel before heading out the room. When I saw that it was empty, I paced towards my luggage and fetch my clothes. I didn't bother to look which one I got. After grabbing the clothes, I headed back towards the bathroom and changed.

I felt stupid that I was shy if Hugh saw me in a towel. He had seen me completely naked a few minutes ago. But there was something different from then and now. Since we are together that would mean I would be marrying him after the one hundred days are up. Was I ready to marry him?

As I finished changing, I headed out in the room and joined Hugh by the couch as he started flipping the channel in the flat screen television. I went and sat down beside him as he wrapped me in one arm.

"The food will me here in a few minutes. Are you okay with pasta and salad? I also ordered a bottle of wine," he asked after giving me a quick kiss on my forehead.

"I'm fine with anything," I replied briefly and stared straight at the television.

"Is there something wrong? You sound off," he asked, twisting so that his who body was facing towards me.

I looked at him blankly before slouching in dismay. "It's nothing. We can talk about it later. I don't want to sour a good mood," I shook my head in dismissal.

"Are you sure? I'm not going anywhere, you know," he probed as he eyed me gravely.

"Later," I said in finality and turned back to look at the television.

I could see in my peripheral vision that Hugh was about to say something until the doorbell in the room rang. He closed his mouth and got up the couch to get it. I let out a sigh of relief when he was gone in the room. What was wrong with me? I should just tell him and get it out of the way. I didn't want another repeat and take us another year to get it out of my system.

I got out of my stupor when I heard Hugh entered with a hotel attendant as he rolled in with our meal. Hugh helped the staff set our meal in the dining table behind the couch. After they finished, I signed the bill and had it placed on the room's tab. Across from me, I was Hugh's disagreement but he didn't say anything. When we were alone in the room, he finally told me.

"I should be paying this lunch since I didn't even did a good job on the date a few hours ago," he stated as he sat down by the dining table.

I walked and sat across from him with a grin. "Don't worry. I would have your chance. This is still day one, actually it's only been a few hours since we established it for real," I chuckled in reply.

He rolled his eyes and shook is head in amusement. "I'll take you out to dinner tonight," he stated like it was already set in stone.

"And you aren't going to ask me?"

"You already heard me. And you have nothing planned tonight. I know your schedule."

"Are you going to be that kind of boyfriend who bosses around?"