Twelve

A/N: Hello everyone! It took awhile for me to write this chapter. And, this story is starting to get a little more interesting. I hope you'll enjoy this chapter. There is a lot more to this than what meets the eye. :)

A vote and comment would always be appreciated.

Until next chapter, Have an awesome day and happy reading!

____________________________________________________

Twelve

The date ended miserably on my part. It took all of my courage to interrupt him mid-sentence and lied about having to attend a meeting – which was partly true. Rather understanding the situation, he made the mistake of asking me out again, resulting to a very slightly embarrassing exit on his part.

“I don’t know about another date.” I replied briefly as I eyed him seriously.

“It doesn’t have to be right away. I know you’ll be busy since you running a million – or is it billion?” He countered and trailed off in thought.

I sighed in exasperation, feeling awful at what I was about to do, again. “Please don’t be offended. You aren’t the first man I met who took interest in me based on what I do and who my family are. I get it all the time. Since you seemed smart, I really don’t have to give you a good explanation about why I don’t want this to go further…” I interjected and trailed off as he clenched his haw shut.

There was a prolong pause between us, making the situation awkward and frustrating. I let out another sigh and cleared my throat. “I think I’ll just go. I don’t want this to be weird… because, this is getting really uncomfortable for me…” I pointed out.

“Why?” He suddenly asked, stopping me before I got up from my seat.

“Okay. You know who I am, and I’m pretty sure you aren’t just sticking around because you want to get laid.” I replied almost angrily. “From the moment I approached you until you realized who I was, I already understood want you want out of this date. And, I’m very flattered. You look good yourself.” I continued sarcastically.

“I… I don’t… I wasn’t…” He stuttered in defense but couldn’t get a word out, as he looked startled.

I raised an eyebrow at him in question, challenging him to contradict me. “I think we already established and straighten things out. So, I will get going. I have places to be. Thank you so much for your time.”

I was about to make my exit when he suddenly stood up from his seat, slamming both his hands down on the table. From his actions, we had attracted a few neighboring bystanders as they eyed us curiously. He was about to retort with a pissed off expression on his face when I held up a hand to stop him.

“If you don’t want to get in anymore embarrassment than this, I suggest out walk out of this restaurant without saying a word.” I stated sternly, eyeing him in challenge.

He closed his mouth quickly and gritted his teeth as he control the urge to talk back. And like a child, he gave me a childish snob and he turned around swiftly on his toes and walked out of the restaurant without looking back in my direction even once.