04 - Adventurer (Part 2)

"Honestly, I don't know what to think about you two."

The more Sylvie looked at the information on the registration forms, the more she struggled to believe that Yuto and Diablo were actually human. Well, Diablo was technically a demon, but what about Yuto? The mirror had given an unusual response.

"You are high-level magicians, only it is impossible to determine it on a numerical scale," the Grasswalker said by randomly throwing the documents on the table. "Even accepting you, I doubt there would be adequate work."

Sylvie observed them with interest and also with a little fear that the King and the nobles could sign them as threats or make them become weapons of the kingdom in the fight against the Fallen and enemy kingdoms.

"Does that mean we haven't been accepted?" Diablo asked.

"I'm always willing to accept strong people, but clearly I'm weaker than you," Sylvie answered casually.

She had been the Guildmaster for some time and she had seen a large number of adventurers enter her guild's front door. Some had remarkable abilities while others were average. But now, two people were outclassing her too.

"Are you really fine taking orders from someone weaker than you?" she asked.

Diablo shrugged his shoulders. "As long as I get paid, I don't care about certain details," he answered casually.

Sylvie turned her attention to Yuto.

"That's fine for me."

Hearing their answers, Sylvie could not help but laugh amused.

She approached the desk and looked for among the various requests she had received that could best fit their strengths. She searched until she found a request from the Mage Association that required the skin of a "Madara Snake" living in the man-eating woods.

"I admit it stinks a bit, but why don't you complete this, Diablo?" she suggested as she give the request to the Demon Lord. "I'm sure you'll be able to complete it."

Diablo observed the request and nodded.

"I guess now I'm waiting for the other exams," Yuto said.

"Rules are rules," Sylvie smiled.

------------------------

Yuto had also included Warrior and Archer in his classes. It was a bit strange since nobody put multiple categories at once. Usually, adventurers would specialize in only one class and then develop their skills in a way that is most congenial to them.

The test for the Warrior class would be held in the arena behind the guild.

"I don't understand why the Guildmaster wants you to take the test," Rem said frowning.

After the test for the magician, she had no doubt that he was strong. So why should they waste time like this?

"It doesn't matter," Yuto said casually.

Yuto wanted to do it, too. The aptitude test was not to prove his abilities but to judge the abilities of others and have references for the upcoming fights, so he can choose the best course of action to take. However, after seeing Emil fight, he could certainly say that they were inferior.

Although he had never had sword training, he could already claim to be stronger than the regular Knights who served King Arthur. Obviously, he isn't at the same level as Mordred or any of the Knights of the Round Table, nor he did care.

Arriving at the arena, Yuto grunted when he saw Emil in the centre of the ring.

"Oh, when I was told there was an aspiring warrior, I didn't think it was you," Emil said slightly surprised.