Chapter 05

Although Diablo and Yuto were two people on opposite sides, they both agreed that they did not like being screwed by arrogant magicians who did not know where their place was and now he paid the consequences of his stupidity.

In the end, the mission was really a scam. It was a devious trap orchestrated by Galluk for Yuto, Diablo, Rem, and Shelia to be separated, praying that Yuto and Diablo would be killed by the Elves; however, it had not worked and Galluk and the magicians loyal to him had been driven out of the association.

Galluk had not only been driven out because he had used the Mage Association's name for a personal purpose, but for putting Rem in danger. Everything was fine, but if Rem died, the Demon King Krebskraum would be born again and then it would be a mess.

And of course, the responsibility for that would fall on Celes, who had failed to control one of her subjects.

A person like Galluk had a huge ego and yet he didn't understand that he wasn't strong. Diablo humiliated him right after they met for the first time while Yuto hit him so hard that Galluk passed through a couple of walls.

However, what Galluk had done was something far beyond the decisions of Celes or the Higher Up of the Mage Association. Right now he was in prison and the sentence would depend on the testimony of Celes and the evidence gathered but everyone doubted that they would see him again.

Yuto was the only one who was not sure it would end this way since the magicians who were still loyal to him could help Galluk escape from prison. Then they would lose their tracks and then they would show up threatening everyone again.

Or at least that's what Yuto believed. He could be wrong.

Honestly, Yuto would have preferred to put an end to it, so he could get rid of all the problems, but he knew he wasn't the law, so he just kept going. He had, however, told those in charge that if Galluk and his followers ever came back to torment him, he would show no mercy.

It had been a week since these events.

Since Celestine had proved to be a different person from Galluk and she seemed to really care about Rem, Yuto had decided that he would give her the benefit of the doubt. Of course, an important connection like that was to be exploited to the fullest.

"Do you think this is a good idea?" Rem asked, puzzled.

Celestine was waiting for them at the entrance.

"I don't know, but it's better than nothing," Yuto said, continuing to look at the great white marble tower that stood majestic in front of them. "We have many other choices."

Yuto had made a deal with Rem and intended to accomplish his part of the bargain. However, he needed a starting point, and the only place he could look for something like splitting magic was the Mage Association.

Welcoming Yuto and Rem, Celestine led them to her office.

"I still apologise for what Galluk did," Celes said, offering them a cup of tea. "It's my fault that I tend to pamper those under me a little too much."

"It's not-"

"That's it," Yuto said, abruptly interrupting Rem. "That idiot ended up self-destructing because you were too good to him."

A leader could never be too kind and generous to his subordinates because, just as in this case, they ended up becoming too arrogant, ignoring that there was no one really strong.

Celestine nodded. "I would like to apologise to you for what Galluk did."

Yuto picked up the ball and pulled out some papers that rolled out on the table. Watching them closely, Rem and Celestine realised they were blueprints, although no one understood what was written on them.