Are you the Murderer?

Author's note: Hello lovely readers! I have to warn you beforehand that this chapter is sort of lemony. We haven't gotten into the full experience (if you know what I mean) but we will surely get there in time lol 

If you aren't into that I suggest you skip this chapter, though I would love it if you read it! 

It was like walking outside of her body. Floating. She'd split in half and looked at herself entering the castle. James received her. "This came in today." And handed her an elegant envelope with the mansion's golden seal. She inspected it and continued walking in no direction. Tell the castle there's a killer.

"What's the matter with you, girl? And where's the bread?" Brunhilda pressed a finger into her temple and shut her eyes.

"There's a killer in the castle." It wasn't what she'd meant to say.

Brunhilda opened and narrowed her eyes. "Excuse me?"

"A murderer?" Asked a maid. Her chin quivered.

People began to appear at the main entrance. Whispers turned louder until everyone was spurting their theories at a normal volume.

"Enough." Brunhilda's voice was firm. People gasped. "Clear yourselves. We're the staff. I'm sure you all have something else to be doing, other than... than..." She frowned and glared at Ella. "Other than listening to the ramblings of a bored little spoiled Cinderella."

Ella shuddered.

Victor cleared his throat from the top of the stairs. "Isn't this familiar?"

Her stomach clenched at the thought that he might be the murderer. He had enough motives. Olga was asking for money for her child. Which could ruin his reputation and the chances of inheriting the throne when time was due.

The housekeeper looked as if her face was about to become disfigured from the effort to remain neutral. "My prince." She made a reverence.

He inclined his head to acknowledge Brunhilda. Then he stepped to Ella's side and grabbed her arm. "Come with me." He whispered. Everyone was staring at them. A gust of wind made her skin prickly, erasing her thoughts.

They arrived at the blue porcelain room. She was glad, for she had festered the hope of returning, even if it was to clean, so her eyes and mind could be filled with such beauty. He made a gesture with his hand, suggesting she sat on the blue velvet sofa. She smiled and obliged, clutching the forgotten envelope in her hand.

"You want to open that?"

"What?" Her sight fell to her lap and her cheeks heated. "I'd absolutely forgotten about this." She waved it in the air and then swallowed. Ella was being ridiculous, and that didn't go with her well. She opened the envelope. It was the sole sound in the castle.

My dearest daughter,

I hope the work has not been too arduous at the castle. Even though I want you to learn and develop as a decent human being, I would never wish upon you the exhausting activities we sometimes have to put our servants up to.

Ella clutched her hands around the letter, crumpling it. She then threw the ball of paper toward the prince. He let out a laugh that told her he 'was amused but respected her sentiment.' He flattened the paper and his ice eyes bored into her soul. "May I?" And at that moment she wanted to tell him he may do whatever he pleases, with the letter, with her body, mind, and soul.

He skimmed the letter and gasped. "She didn't."

Ella swallowed. "Read it to me, please. I can't bring myself to do it."