Chapter one

Have you ever heard of love at first sight? Where you admire the person and wonder how on earth could they have such a special place in your heart already after just meeting them? That flutter in your heart when you stare down at them and the sparkle you can feel in your eyes. When you feel that you could just cry if you stare any longer at this beautiful creature because it's just that hard to swallow down the pill that this, this will be for the rest of your life.

That's what Harry's feeling and experiencing as he holds his daughter in his arms. The warmth of his infant held close to his bare chest as she sleeps soundly.

Isla Grace Tomlinson.

That wasn't the orginal name Harry and Louis were going to chose, it was actually going to be Violet but after moments of looking down at her, he realized that she definitely wouldn't be a Violet. "Do you want me to clean her up more?" The nurse asked. There were little bits of white on Isla's skin but, he didn't think it'd be necessary, all the blood was already off of her, he was sure she wouldn't need to go another while of being scrubbed clean. He shook his head deliberately, not wanting to startle Isla. The nurse nodded in understanding, "Okay. Well, if you need any help just let me know. After she wakes up it should be time for breastfeeding so just call me, okay hun?"

Harry nodded quietly as the nurse smiled at him before she left the room. Harry continued to stare at his daughter, still processing that he now has a daughter. A new responsibility. He doesn't regret this of course, but all of this is new to him, he hasn't taken care of a baby before, although he adores them so much, and now has his own cradled to his chest — but he fears immensely that he'll mess up. And the attempts of convincing from Louis isn't enough to make him believe so.

Speaking of Louis, the older boy enters the room with a bag of what Harry assumes is take out, a smile on his face. "How're you feeling?"

Harry shrugged honestly, quietly apologizing to Isla for the sudden movement. "I brought you some calamari. I know how much you like them."

"Yeah," Harry said softly. "Thanks. I'm not in the mood for some food right now though."

"That's okay, H. How's Isla been?" The mention of his baby makes Harry's face split into a grin, eyes glancing back down to the swaddled infant. "She's good. Been sleeping for quite a bit."

"Ah."

Harry swallowed, watching Louis place down the bags on the table near the hospital bed. "Would you like to hold her?" Louis' face brightened just a bit — noticeable enough for Harry and he could feel his heart swoon with admiration. "Yeah." Louis walked towards the bed and he carefully handed the sleeping baby to Louis, cooing down at her he gently shifted her in his arms. She was quite bundled up, wrapped in a pink blanket the hospital had provided and changed into one of the onesies Harry'd practically begged Louie to let him buy.

There was a soft knitted hat atop of her hair, something Harry had made alongside of Louis' grandmother — Louis had thought the entire interaction was cute. Louis hummed a tune as he held her, taking a careful seat on on of the chairs. As Louis held the baby, Harry decided that it'd be a good time to sleep, finding a comfortable position on his back he drifted out of consciousness, listening to the soft hum of Louis' voice.

The next time Harry woke up, it was to the sound of Isla's cries — something almost foreign to him after spending so much time in silence. "Give her to me." He croaked, eyes heavy with sleep. Louis handed the baby to him, her face pinched red and scrunched up almost adorably if it wasn't for the gurgling noises coming out her mouth. "Um..I think I'm supposed to – you know." Harry wasn't exactly ashamed of feeding their child, but he had a tiny spark of embarrassment with the thought of doing it in front of his boyfriend.