Chapter eight

October 29 2009

Louis was currently sat in Harry's bedroom as they worked on an art project, the faint sound of Weezer playing in the background. The door was still cracked open since Anne believed they'd do "funny business" even though they were only friends. Louis watched intriguingly as Harry nibbled on his lower lip, his hands moving flawlessly as he mindlessly drew with the sketching pencil. "You're a really good artist." Louis said, breaking the comfortable silence. Harry looked up at him from the floor and gave a shy smile. "Thanks." 

Back to silence.

Technically, Louis could be doing something but he agreed to outline everything once Harry was done, and since the younger boy was taking his oh so preciously time, he had nothing else to do but watch him draw. "Can we take a break." He muttered. "Lou, this is due in a week, and if you haven't noticed, drawing takes time. And effort if you want a good grade." 

Louis sighed exaggeratedly and fell onto Harry's bed. "Just a few minutes." He offered. Harry looked as if he was contemplating before he shook his head. "Come on, Haz. We can go back to it literally in a few minutes." 

"I am kindly declining." Harry murmured, keeping his eyes on the paper. Louis huffed and looked around the room to see if there was anything to lure the boy with. Think, think, think. 

"Hey! Why don't we make friendship bracelets. You like those, don't you?" Harry paused his movements. Checkmate. "You don't even know how to get a bead on a string without making a mess." He said with squinted eyes. "Why wouldn't I want to make friendship bracelets with my bestfriend?" Louis asked. 

Harry pressed his lips together before sighing. "After I finish the bird's body." 

"Okay." Louis said. He could wait. 

It only took seven minutes tops for Harry to finish. When he did he carefully picked up the paper and placed it on his art desk before hopping onto the bed beside Louis. "Finally." 

"Don't complain or I'll go right back on the floor and continue drawing." Harry threatened. Louis shook his head with a smile as Harry pulled out his bracelet kit from under his bed. He opened the top and pulled out the organized box of beads and strings. "What type do you want to make?" 

"Friendship." 

Harry rolled his eyes. "No you idiot, do you want charms, beads, yarned string, plastic lacing." Louis pursed his lips. "You know I'm dumb and know nothing about bracelets. Pick for us." 

Harry shook his head amusingly before pulling out what he wanted. "Fine. We will make the plastic one with charms and beads." Louis nodded approvingly as Harry got scissors and pulled out the plastic string. "Give me your wrist." He told Louis. Louis extended his arm and Harry wrapped the string around his wrist to measure before snipping it a long enough length to put the beads on. "Go start making it." 

"Do you want me to help you cut yours?" Louis asked him. "No. I make ones for myself all the time, I've got it." 

Well.

Harry started to put different shades of red on his bracelet, every once in awhile glancing at Louis. Louis was doing the same, he put orange and blue beads onto the string, remembering it was Harry's favorite color. "What do you think of putting Harry ❤ Louis on them." Louis suddenly said. "Like.." 

"They're friendship bracelets so it'd only make sense to." Louis explained. Harry bit his bottom lip to prevent a smile (not really succeeding) and nodded slowly. "Yeah..I uh...I like that." Louis smiled and started to add the words, the younger boy doing the same. And once they finished he made it official that this was now his favorite bracelet out of the five ones decorating his wrists.