Chapter twelve

"Good morning." Louis greeted his mother, Isla propped on his hip. The sun shone through the window making the inside of the house much brighter. It made the little girl squint her eyes with a whine, hiding her face in her father's shoulder. Louis smiled softly, pushing a little piece of hair out her eye. Isla's hair was slowly growing more, her once ringlet-like curls were starting to become wavy the more it grew in length. It was down to her neck now. Johannah turned from where she was at the stove, smiling. "Hi, Louis." 

Louis went into the refrigerator to grab the bottles of breastmilk Harry kept in there in case he was away from the house and ran it under warm water to heat it. Isla started babble, jumping in Louis' arms -- clearly excited for her breakfast. "Have you checked in on Harry?" Jay asked. Louis hummed, taking the bottle cover off before directing the nipple to her mouth. Louis shifted Isla into a cradling position, looking up at his Mom. "No, not yet. I'm going to call later, though." Harry had gone down to Hampton to apply to a good college. He said that he preferred to do it in person to see the quality of the people there. 

The two discussed job situations the other night, on who would work, and if they both would. They looked at houses, and it was pretty obvious Harry wanted one that looked like a cottage based off the options he kept showing Louis. The older man found it entertaining. Jay started serving pancakes, topping it with strawberries and banana's for the younger girls. "Does Isla want any?" Jay asked, offering a piece of strawberry to the eight month old. Isla glanced at the berry and reached out for it delicately. Jay handed the strawberry to Isla and she took it, staring at it with bright eyes. She didn't eat it yet, though, since she was focused on her milk.

Jay called for the other girls, sliding Louis' plate across the counter. "Thanks, mum." Phoebe sat beside her older brother as they ate, staring at Isla. She was still kind of scared of her, the fear increasing after getting up in what Harry called a 'drool lake'. "Will she drool at the table?" The blonde asked in a hushed tone. Louis found it amusing how she was so hesitant around her. "Possibly." Louis joked, lifting Isla up to imitate her attacking her. Phoebe screamed, trying her best not to slap the baby. "Louis stop it!" 

Louis cackled in delight as Jay watched them while shaking her head, steaming a cup of tea. "Lou, leave your sister alone." She said when Phoebe looked like she'd start crying. Louis laughed for a little while longer before putting Isla's bottle back on the counter, lifting her up so he could start burping her. Instead, Isla spat up her morning milk, getting it all over Louis' shirt. "Hah!" Phoebe mocked. "Fucking hell." Louis swore, tearing a piece of paper towel off of the holder in front of him. 

Harry walked into the house at that moment, raising an eyebrow when he heard all the commotion going on in the kitchen. Of course, he should've expected chaos when he walked through that door, as it seemed it was like that everyday. Isla squealed after her eyes caught sight of her mother, reaching out for him. Harry smiled, gently taking her from Louis' arms, making the older boy notice his presence. "Oh, hey, babe." Harry hummed, leaning down to peck his lips. "Eww." Both Phoebe and Daisy said, scrunching up their faces. "And my baby." Harry said, choosing to ignore the twins joking (maybe not so much) commentary. Harry blew raspberries into Isla's neck, making the infant erupt in giggles. 

"How'd everything go?" Louis asked him, starting to eat his food without Isla in his worries. Isla sucked on the strawberry Jay had given awhile ago, staring brightly at her Mum. "I'll tell you after brekkie." Louis frowned. "It went bad?" 

Harry shook his head. "No. I just want to tell you after you finish eating." Louis felt like there was more to what Harry told him, but he said nothing, he continued to eat his breakfast. After, he thanked Jay for the food and went upstairs after Harry. The younger man almost immediately stripped into one of Louis' shirts, going to take a shower after he finished their conversation. "So, what I wanted to talk about was what happened at the college." He began and took a seat on their bed with Isla in his lap. Louis took a seat from across him, growing slightly anxious.

Isla played with one of her many colorful ringlets, belly flopping on the bed as she sucked it. Harry made sure he kept a hand on her waist so she wouldn't roll away or anything, taking a deep breath. "It's really nice. The professors seem nice, and it's a good campus. They also provide online school, which is a bonus." 

"I feel like there is a but in there." Louis said. Harry sighed, looking down at the little ringlet in Isla's hand. "It's in Maryland, and I really thought about it -- I honestly wouldn't mind if we moved there." 

"I thought we only talked about five minutes away, tops?" Harry bit his lower lip, glancing down at Isla. "I know," he murmured, deciding to pick the baby up to distract himself. "But we can't live under your Mum's wing forever. You know that. I want to have our own place so we can have our own privacy, rules, and responsibilities like we should've been having." Louis pressed his lips together and Harry knew that meant he was thinking. "Have you got any places in mind?" 

Harry cracked a wide smile. "I just found out about this, Lou, but yeah, I can look for more houses." 

"You mean cottages." Louis corrected teasingly. Harry rolled his eyes at his boyfriend and pushed his shoulder lightly. "Shut up." 

Hey guys, remember this fic? 

I am sorry for going MIA on this story, I had insane writers block but I'm back :)) Sadly, the next update won't be for another two weeks. 

I might do a time skip to a year in the next one or by chapter 20 so be aware of that! 
Let me know what you guys thought of this chapter

Please leave votes and comment xx