Chapter ten

we've reached ten chapters :0
enjoy this adorable and my now new favorite chap!!

💌

It was graduation day. Today, it would be the day high school was officially over, he would never return. Harry was dressed in his green gown, twirling in the mirror. He figured he should've gotten a smaller sized gown when he first ordered it. But, it would have to do, it was a graduation. You weren't really supposed to look nice in the gown, at least he was decent. He fixed his curls that were scattered all over his forehead, trying to push it back so it wouldn't get in his face. Sighing, he placed the cap on his head, brushing the hair out his eyes once more and tucking it behind his ear. Then he realized that kind've exposed his forehead, so he moved it back again, frowning when he realized he couldn't get any style that made him feel nice. The door knocked and he turned around, noticing it was Clarise. "Everybody's waiting for you." 

Harry blushed, biting his lip. "Yeah. Sorry." 

"Oh, you look nice." Clarise said, approaching him. The younger boy smiled shyly, his dimples caving in. "Thank you." Clarise moved the extra strand of hair out his eyes and helped him down the stairs. "Everything will be alright, sweetheart. Don't dwell on it, you've got an amazing support system." She assured. Harry felt like he'd cry when he saw Louis' family sitting around the counters and table, all talking and dressed nicely. Louis had Isla sat on his lap as he scrolled through his phone, probably showing Isla a little video that he thought would make her laugh. Isla had a green headband, the same colors as their gowns just lighter, and a matching colored onesie that had her waist covered with a flared skirt that was the same color. Her eyes shined brightly as she sucked on her balled fingers, watching intently at Louis' phone. 

Clarise patted his back, awaking him from his daze. "An amazing support system." She repeated. Harry smiled kindly at her before walking towards his boyfriend and daughter. "Hi." Isla squealed loudly, pushing out 'ah' sounds. That was usually her way of a greeting, and Harry giggled, taking the baby into his arms. "Hi, lovely. Be careful with Isla so she doesn't drool on you. She nearly spit all over my shirt." Harry laughed softly, tickling the chub of Isla's stomach. "Are you spitting on people, big girl?" 

Isla cackled loudly, wiggly in Harry's arms to get away from his tickling hands. "No!" She exclaimed. Harry gasped loudly, stilling his arms. "Lou, did you hear that?!" He asked, wondering if he was hallucinating. "Heard what?" 

"She said no!" Harry tickled her again to try and get her to say it and she screamed, "No! No! No!" Everyone's heads turned around to see where the little voice was coming from and when they realized it was Isla, their eyes widened. "She said her first word!" Louis said. 

"Yes!" 

"Holy shit!" 

"Louis!" 

----

The ceremony was filled with nearly all the students. Of course, some decided to skip it, but despite that, it was crowded. Isla was clinging onto Harry, sucking her pacifier as she stared at all the people there. He was holding onto the girl until the Tomlinson's had their seats and he saw his mother and sister, and then he'd be leaving. He did catch a couple people staring at him but he ignored it, and reminded himself that this was supposed to be his graduation day. He was going to be happy, and he wouldn't let a couple of people's opinions ruin his day. They got to their seats and Harry noticed Gemma and Anne coming out the other way, waving excitedly. 

Harry smiled back and Isla turned her head, wondering who her Mom was looking at until she saw the two women and screamed, grasping the attention of the few people around them. Anne was the first to get to him, hugging him tightly (but not too tight, mindful of the baby in his arms). "How are you feeling? You're graduating today!" Harry laughed, nodding. "Yep."