Stage 1 Act 2 - Welcome to Knothole

3rd Person Pov

Sonika blitzed through the Wood Zone with Lock held under arm, whose face was flapping around due to the wind, as they fast approached their destination. This caused a realisation to spark in the young man about the Mobian.

Lock: 'I'm far from light but she's casually carrying me like this... Damn she's strong.'

The feeling of wind constantly hitting his face stopped suddenly bringing his attention back to his current situation as be stood himself up as Sonika dropped him.

Sonika: "Alright we're here now."

The mechanic looked around confused as he had only seen trees around himself and her.

Lock: "Err, you said a village right?"

He got no response.

Lock: "RIGHT?!"

Sonika walked over to a branch and pulled it, instead of it snapping a mechanical sound was heard before more mechanisms were heard and the giant tree in front of the two opened up to reveal a cave. The Mobian smirked over to Lock and pointed back to the cave with her thumb while he stared with a suspecting gaze.

Sonika: "Through here."

Lock: 'Ain't that foreboding.'

Sonika: "It's fine it's fine c'mon."

Lock: "You read minds now?"

The two began to walk down the passage with Sonika chuckling at what he said.

Sonika: "Nah, I just had the same thought of it's creepy when I first saw it."

They continued to make their way through in relative silence as they didn't know what to talk about. Lock started realising that he'd have to call his boss and quit his job from all of this while Sonika was catching some side glances at him.

Sonika: "So what's up with you cutie? You got hobbies?"

Lock looked over to her for a second then back forward while answering the question.

Lock: "Well I work or worked as a mechanic before all of this. I play games a lot, exercise and riding around on my bike."

Sonika: 'I can see you exercise for sure.' "You got a bike?"

Lock: "I had a bike before all of this, that lady might've taken it."

The Mobian scratched her cheek with a feeling of guilt for getting him involved and away from his normal life.

Sonika: "Ah, sorry about that."

Lock: "Eh, I can always get another one."

Sonika: "Actually I have a friend that can make you a bike."

Lock: "Don't worry about it, I'll get a new one eventually. But how bout you, what hobbies you got?"

Sonika: "Oh you know, scrolling through the gram, running at the speed of sound, stopping an evil scientist from taking over the world."

Lock chuckled at the last one and the two continued their pleasant conversation learning about each other.

Timeskip brought by Chibi Lock and Chibi Sonika walking and talking

The duo had finally made it to the end of the tunnel where there was sunlight welcomed them with a warm embrace. However they were locked in a conversation.

Lock: "Deadass? What did you tell him then?"

Sonika: "A you'll like this one, I told him "I'm not a rat" and when he went back into the lamp I lifted the tip to my mouth."