»14«

As soon as I am able to, I let myself fall on Hanamaki's couch. Today was tiring, and I didn't have any energy to begin with. Hana was staring at my back the entire time, which made me grow more and more restless as time passed.

My best friend was nearly abducted by Oikawa during lunch break. Iwaizumi was absent for some reason, so Hanamaki became his new scapegoat. By the way he got dragged off, I knew they didn't want me to join them.

They were discussing something quietly, glancing at me sometimes. The conflict I found in Hana's eyes this morning kept increasing as they talked. I couldn't stand it. It took all I had to not just walk over and drag him away from the least trustworthy boy I know.

Just what did Oikawa say to him...? Hana was so relaxed about everything until the brunet started messing things up. And that secret conversation seems to have made everything worse...

I sigh. At the moment, I'd say this poor boy is even more nervous than me. Unlike yesterday, he's been keeping his distance from me. It might be better if I leave right now, but he'll whine and sulk if I bring it up, I'm sure. But what are we supposed to do like this...?

"That game we bought yesterday... Can we play it again?" Hana surprises me by speaking up. "Bet I can beat you."

"Sure...?" I hesitate for a second, but end up agreeing. It'll be a good way to put our minds to something else, but I don't like the way his voice is shaking. "Are you okay?"

"Yes!" he answers unconvincingly while placing himself next to me.

"What did Oikawa tell you?" I push it. "If he scared you, I--"

"He didn't! He didn't scare me. Don't worry. I'm just... I..." He starts tugging at the end of his sleeve. "Sorry..."

"Don't." I bump my fist into the back of his head very softly. "I don't know why you're apologizing. I don't see any reason for you to. So don't."

He opens his mouth, probably to say sorry again, but closes it in time. Instead, he puffs his cheeks. It looks super cute, so I avert my gaze quickly.

"Mhm... But do you wanna bet, or...?" he continues where we left off before. "Whoever wins can tell the loser to do something they want?"

I frown. He's always betting on stuff like this, so it's not that strange, but he seems very set on doing it right now. And what does he mean by that last sentence? "Such as? What do you want?"

He shrugs. "I don't know..."

That's too vague. He's doing it again, using big words without setting any boundaries. I won't abuse it, of course, but it's making my mind run wild. This is bad. I'll just let him--

Wait. No. I can ask him whatever I want? Then... what if I ask him to act like nothing happened? I'll text Oikawa and Iwaizumi, and make up some stupid lie. I'll pretend like none of this was ever real. Like it was only a weird dream of his.

"Alright," I answer while Hana turns on his TV. "I won't go easy on you, then." For the first time in forever, I'll actually try to win against him.

The new game we're playing is a multi-player one. We have to work together in order to win. Our characters progress through the story by solving problems and getting rid of obstacles. Every single one requires input of both of us.

So how can only one of us come out victorious? It's quite simple: betrayal. If I'm able to deceive him, I can use one of the traps to kill his character. But I have to be careful. I can only attempt this once; if I miss, he'll have the option to kill me without fail.

But the same goes for him. And that's my plan: use his betrayal against him. I'll wait until he takes his shot, then return the favour. If I look out for it, I can avoid it. As soon as he strikes...