The last dream/memory sequence.

Wilbur was confused.

That much was obvious.

Between the harsh laughter echoing through the room and the shaken looks of the two other boys; Tommy and Tubbo, Wilbur was shocked. A reasonable person would be frightened by such a display, but Theseus was completely still.

All worrying reactions, no doubt. But Wilbur is an idiot so he pushed through the boys so that he could find the source of that goddamned manic laughter-

A man stood in front of a large red button, a smiling mask laying askew across the room from him. A wide unnatural grin spread across his face as the laughter died down and he turned toward the two boys.

He wore a green hoodie, dirtied with brown stains and rips. Blonde hair peaked out from the hood and sparkling green eyes picked apart the boys.

It made Wilbur's skin crawl, and he wasn't even really there. It made his skin crawl similarly to the villain that went underground about a year ago.

His name was XD. And boy did he cause trouble. Between the false god and the constantly blowing up shit, he was murdering people left and right, with no correlation with the victims.

Actually...

He sounded a bit like XD.

"Tommy. Tubbo. Glad to see you made it."

Tommy grabbed Tubbo's sleeve, a warning, or a promise, Wilbur couldn't be sure.

"Go stick a cock in your mouth, you fuckin ass." Spit flew from Tommy's mouth.

"Oh," the man took a step towards the boys and they backed up, "Someone's regained quite the nerve, especially after exile."

Tommy and Theseus both flinched, Theseus less noticeably, but Wilbur was practically a detective in this field. In the field of mind exploration that is.

"Back up Dream, you don't know what you're getting into."

"I think I do, I think I know more about this than you do. I think that you are just a selfish little brat who just parades around like they own this server."

Tubbo opened his mouth to retaliate but Dream cut him off with a snarl, "You think that just because you have nukes that'll stop me? You think that your little bitty family is protected from me? Then you're naive. You're stupid, Tubbo Underscore, and you always will be."

Now it was Tommy's turn to hold Tubbo back from Dream. Tubbo jammed his horns right into Tommy's arm, and raced towards Dream.

"TUBBO!!"Tommy reached out trying to grasp Tubbo but he was long gone. Tubbo rammed into Dream, who was flung to the ground by sheer force.

"YOU BETTER NOT EVEN FUCKIN' THINK ABOUT IT DREAM!!" Tubbo punched Dream's face over and over, blood oozed sluggishly from Dream's nose, but all he did was laugh. Soon, that awful laughter from before was back. The type of laughter that immediately tells you to run as far away as possible. The type that screams...

Villain.

He knew who this person was. This was Dream XD. This was the man, who kidnapped children, destroyed towns, and attempted to blow up L'manburg, twice.

Seemed like he succeeded with Snow Chester.

Theseus began to step forward. He passed Wilbur's side and then paused and turned.

Tommy did the same in sync.

Then he bolted towards Dream, Tommy doing the same. But where one dove on top of Dream the other stared up at the display of Tubbo's nukes.

Everything was coming together. The town disappearing, Theseus appearing, Dream XD's sudden disappearance from the villain scheme, everything. The ground tilted sharply to the left and Wilbur's vision flipped. His stomach jumped to his throat, nausea overcame his senses. Wilbur heaved in air beginning to panic, Theseus's mind was slipping from him, and he couldn't-

The light flickered, once. Twice. Wilbur gasped for air. Being forced out of someone's mind is no pleasant experience and a new one for him.

He stood and rounded the table to face Theseus, who looked just about as much out of it as Wilbur felt.

Carefully, he inched towards the vigilante.

Theseus made no movement.

Wilbur gently grabbed the goggles and pushed them onto their forehead before pulling down the black mask that covered the other half of his face.

The boy underneath the mask was pale and shaken, his eyes unfocused and staring past Wilbur.

This boy was Tommy. This boy was the one who went face to face with a supervillain and came out alive. Most importantly though, this was the boy that fought Wilbur's mind powers.

Tommy still was not in the room, his mind laid somewhere else, so Wilbur simply left the room.

The hallways were quiet save for the tap of his shoes against the tile. And the steps of another further down the hallway.

Wilbur had identified and apprehended yet another vigilante, he should be proud! He should be celebrating, but something was wrong. Apart from the fighting mind control, the boy was...

Familiar to say the least.

He felt as if he's known this kid for ages, maybe even been extremely close to one another at a point.

The footsteps behind him synced with his own.

Maybe he should go back and talk to Tommy- no Theseus. The boy looked so out of it, and now that he thinks about it, young. Like 15 years old, young.

The footsteps caught up.

A hand grabbed Wilbur's shoulder and a face stared into his own.

Wilbur patted his pocket looking for the small knife hidden in his back pocket but it was no longer there.

"You need to stop getting involved in these matters Wilbur. You're done."

He flinched back as the green hooded figure reached for his temple. The man kept reaching and Wilbur kept advancing backwards. He lost his balance, however the man continued to advance. He scooted panickily, looking for an exit, but there wasn't one.

He was trapped.

The plaster wall at the end of the hallway abruptly hit his back knocking the air from his lungs as he stared up in horror.

The mask covering the green man's face glowed in neon light, emphasizing the large half circle smile and the rings floating innocently around his face.

"So this is how the number two hero goes out. Never thought we'd be doing this again Wilbur Soot! Honestly, you'd imagine that a guy would just stop after the third infraction but no."

Dream XD leaned close to Siren's face, "You'll never save that boy. That menace, that murderer. No matter how many times this happens you'll never succeed."

"What the fuck are you talking about-" Wilbur challenged, quivering voice doing nothing to help his brave act.

"I," Dream XD accented with a hand to the chest, "am done with YOUR bullshit. This is the last time Wilbur."

Dream's shadow overcast Wilbur's figure as he leaned down and placed two fingers to the hero's temple.

As Wilbur's mind went fuzzy, like a concussion, a voice stood out.

"For a hero with a power based in mind control you'd think he'd notice eventually."

"Shut the hell up Sap."