𝘀𝗶𝘅

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗜𝗫 ╱ cloud breathing

     "Urokodaki-sensei, I don't think I can learn Water Breathing," Sayuri admitted to her teacher one evening while Giyuu and Sabito chopped wood outside. She'd been the first down the mountain tonight, and it was the first time. After failing for well over a month the girl decided she had to adjust her training.

     "I had an inkling you'd be telling me this."

     "You knew?" Sayuri gasps disgruntled, before taking a moment to ponder and realize who she was talking to. She bows her head in a short apology and calms her outburst, "You were waiting for me to find the courage to speak up about it."

     "Yes, and you feel you are well-versed in a new type of breathing style correct?"

     "Mhmm! When I was alone in the mountains before I came here. I felt it in my lungs... and my entire body. I don't know how to describe it."

     "I believe you will find the words in time, and I will offer as much help as I can," Urokodaki hums behind his red mask, "-This will make it harder for you to learn, but you've shown much concentration and determination since that night."

     The night Sayuri said goodbye to her past. For now, at least.

     "I promise to keep up with your training, Sensei. Please let me stay."

     "You thought I would kick you out for this? There's something I didn't expect." At the man's words, gentle yet battle-honed arms wrap around Sayuri in a hug, "You are a daughter to me as Giyuu and Sabito are sons. Please do not fret about such. When you return from Final Selection, you may stay at any time for however long you'd like."

     "Thank you Sensei."

     "Cloud Breathing, Second Form; Clouds of Imperception!" 

    "Water Breathing, Third Form; Flowing Dance!" 

      Sabito advances toward Sayuri with a winding and stream-like movement to slash everything in his path. Sayuri decides on the newest form she'd created, pushing her body to move with accelerated force before slowing down and disillusioning the other of her path. By doing so, she learned that it had given the appearance of teleporting around the arena and offered a large playing field of attacks from who-knew-where. 

     When Sabito halts to a stop in the clearing of trees, his movements still eerily as he listens for even the smallest click of a tree branch. The problem he and Giyuu both had sparring with Sayuri is that she was silent, not even her labored breaths after spending so much energy reached their ears.