𝘁𝗲𝗻

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗘𝗡 ╱ mirai hayashi

     Sayuri always believed the sun rose too early in the morning. The light seeped through any crack it could find in her home, tickling the teen's eyelids until it became too bothersome to continue sleeping. If only she could just relax amongst the plush bedding for a little longer...

     "New mission! Get up!" Miso's sharp cry splits into her head, eyebrows knotting together in a glare. Except Sayuri refused to open her eyes just yet because the job could wait just a little bit longer, with her ranking as a Hinoe she'd get there in half the time typically needed.

     Two sets of bird claws land on each of her cheeks, startling Sayuri into sitting up. When realizing it was just Miso she groans,

     "I'm up I'm up. I'll make us breakfast."

     "You're getting lazy! Too comfortable here!"

     "Because it's been our home. We've finally got a place to rest freely and put decorations," Sayuri rolls up her bed to neatly tuck in a closet behind a sliding door, trudging over to the cooking area that was more unkempt than she'd like to admit. Her hair pokes up in all different directions, as well as her shirt was twisted the wrong way from shuffling in her sleep, "-How about some Tamago Kake Gohan? I know you enjoy it."

     "Fine!" The crow follows her and lands on the windowsill when she opens it to let in the brisk morning air. It seemed he was quite the cranky personality when getting up too early, squawking all sorts of pestering onto Sayuri, "You would've swatted me away from your face had you known I was close! Lazy!"

     "Misooo I'm not lazy, would a Hinoe be? That proves you different," Sayuri gives him a pointed look before placing some already softened rice into a cast iron pan to reheat it. She preferred to reuse what she could rather than make new only to throw the old away.

     "And would you use that as an excuse if it were your family?"

     Sometimes, the brunette wished Miso were a bit more like Kanzaburou. Old and forgetful. Other times, she wished he was less well-versed. It was his capability to form proper speech that made Miso far wiser than the other crows, and more often than not he was always right about things. 

     Sayuri shudders out a breath in remembrance, now all too aware of how she'd become soft and unnerved by demons only because of her ranking. Had she fallen so far from the ideals of the girl walking out of Final Selection, already at the young age of 17? Clearly not, as she would still question demons about the red rope tied tightly to her saya. Perhaps it was just the aspect of not losing a fight yet that had her in the belief she was able to keep up her abilities easily.