Intro

Whenever you read dystopian fiction, or even just realistic fiction, do you ever find yourself imagining those stories eventually happening to you within your lifetime? Have you ever wondered how all of these fictional worlds seem so similar, or even almost exactly like our own world, yet the circumstances seem ever-so-slightly different? For some books, this can simply be in the form of characters that have no real life equivalent. In others, the technology is different, society may maintain a different order of rules and standards, or events may have occurred that never occurred for us.

Of course, it's all just fiction. Everybody has the right to creative license with their version of our world. It's what makes fiction so captivating: two stories that tackle the same basic plot can feel vastly different from each other based on the characters, time period, and circumstances involved. Why do you think books are categorized by genres? It's because there's no one way to tell any kind of story, and there's no one way to look at the world.

If you've spent any amount of time immersing yourself in these fictional worlds, you may be familiar with the concept of the "multiverse". In short, it's a philosophical/possibly scientific idea that there are an infinite number of worlds parallel to our own. Within each of these parallel universes, at least one aspect of them differs. It could be a single decision one person made that altered the course of history, or certain species may exist in one world while they don't exist in any others. While only a theory in real life, it's especially fun with fiction, since whenever you're coming up with a new story, you don't have to abide exactly by the rules of our own universe or any other established fictional universe. Just simply have it take place in a universe where your story can happen, even if the changes are minuscule. It's how there're so many goddamn versions of Spider-Man.

Then, of course, there's the potential for crossovers: two or more different universes existing in the same story. You see them all the time these days, and a lot of times it's nothing more than just fan service. Fanfiction authors are especially notorious for doing these, though it can happen in regular mainstream media.

And I think that's all the exposition needed to set you up for what you're about to read.

-

Many years ago, a group of animators came together to create an episode for the popular Disney Channel TV show Phineas and Ferb. The episode, titled "The Chronicles of Meap", featured a teaser trailer for a future sequel that they had no plans on actually making. However, the fans wanted it so badly that they made it anyway. In the end credits of that episode, they included another teaser trailer for a 3rd installment, which they also had zero intention of turning into a full-fledged story. This teased installment, given the name "Meap Me in St. Louis", would never go on to be made into an episode.

Later on, in the year 2022, a young, amateur creative writer from Missouri, who had grown up on Phineas and Ferb and loved the show, thought it would be cool to put his own spin on a story that had never been fleshed out before. So, he decided to give it a go, and tie it into his own world of characters, with no input given from the original storyboard artists and the decision to disregard the teaser trailer they had originally made.

Three different worlds are about to collide, and for all three of them, the stakes have never been higher. The multiverse is in danger of complete destruction, and they will have to band together if they wish to preserve peace.

And, with that said, I am now proud to present to you SuperViperT302's version of The Chronicles of Meap, Episode 42: Meap Me in St. Louis.