03. Her Chance

Author's Pov

Author's Pov

Shravani stood in front of the mirror washing her face repeatedly every few minutes. Her eyes were blood shoot and her head was killing her due to her hangover. She took a deep breaths and wipped her face with a towel, calming her nerves.

Whole night she couldn't sleep peacefully because of that 'Roadside Romeo' as Reena would like to put it. The moment she closes her eyes, she would see his intense brown eyes staring right at her. The raw desire in his eyes while he looked at her, has sent shivers on her body. How much ever she tried she couldn't get his intense stare out of her mind.

There was no doubt, he is charming, good-looking man with shining eyes, thick eyebrows, a muscular body, an impressive beard and thick silky hair. He definitely was a sight for sore eyes but that was not what impressed her. What made him stand out in her eyes was his guts.

His dogmatic and fearless attitude towards her father's goons made him stand out from other guys. Till this date, no guy has dared to even look at her but that guy, whatever his name was, has not just looked but has dared to even confess his love for her. Maybe it was his drunkenness that made him fearless but- leave it, it is no use thinking about it.

Even if she feels something for him then also it would be of no use, because their world's are pole apart. She is the daughter of Rajendra Desai, a heiress and he, he is thug, a man just like her father, a merciless killer, the type of man she loathes. She won't let him in no matter what. He is not good for her and she knows it but maybe he can turn out to be her second chance. The chance that would save her from Virat.

"Thinking about the rogue now, are we?" Her sister's voice shook her out of her thoughts.

She looked up and found her sister looking at her with worry written across her face.

"Of course no, sister. Why would I think of him? It is you who is obsessed with him not me. This is the third time you are mentioning his name." Shravani smirked.

Reena rolled her eyes at her sister's words. "Oh shut up, Vani. We both know who is obsessed with him. Don't think I haven't seen the way you were gawking at him yesterday. Vani listen to me, he is not good for you. He is a road side goon and you, you are the daughter of Rajendra Desai. And don't forget, now you are Virat's fiance. I'm sure he won't be very happy when he gets to know about your budding feelings for that Roadside Romeo."

"Reena, I don't give a fuck to what Virat would think or feels. He is no one to me. Moreover the engagement hasn't taken place yet sissy and a lot of things can change before that." Shravani professed slyly.

Reena looked at Shravani alarmed. It was clear her dear little sister was planning something, something that would be dangerous for her. "What do you mean by that, Shravani? What the hell are you planning to do?" She queried.

"Nothing much, Reena." Shravani replied nonchalantly with a shrug.

"Shravani, please don't do anything stupid and land yourself in trouble. There is no way out of this marriage, just accept it and move on. If you think that scoundrel from yesterday can help you put a finish to your marriage then you are damn wrong, Shravani. Stop whatever you are planning because it is futile. You and I both know what our father is capable of." Reena warned her sister.

"I hate cages, Reena. For most people, they are built from fear and they do it themselves. Not me. Mine were forged of helplessness and the guy from yesterday, he is my last hope now. If things go as I have planned then I will break this cage and fly away." Shravani whispered looking at her sister with a broken expression.

"I can clearly understand what you are going through Vani. I have been at your place once. I know it is not easy but there is no way out, Vani. All you can do is accept it and move on. Even if you succeed in ending this marriage, do you honestly think that guy will let you walk out freely? Hell no. Didn't you see the way he was eyeing you yesterday?" Reena asked with a look of disgust morphed on her face.

The hair on the back of her neck bristled and a shiver coursed down her spine, remembering the look he gave her. Shravani shook her head clearing the image that had formed on her head.

"You really think I would let him walk away alive after finishing my plan? Then think again, sister. Think again. He is my pawn, Reena and we Desai's don't have the habit of leaving our pawns alive." Shravani said, her voice calm and threatening at the same time, a deadly combination.

Reena flinched looking at the deadly calm look on her sister's face. This was not the Shravani, she knew. The Shravani with whom she grew up. The person standing before her was a complete stranger. The girl standing before her thirst for blood, completely different from her little sister.

Shravani walked out of the room leaving her sister alone to ponder upon her thoughts. Until now, she had been trying to please her father. But not anymore because she is Shravani, not Reena.

~•~

"Do you have any idea whose people you have beaten up? Do you know who that girl is?" Daya asked as he noticed Rocky stumbling his way towards them.

"Who?" Rocky asked, searching for a lightener in the pocket of the dead man, lying on the floor.

"Rajendra Desai's younger daughter, Shravani Desai." Daya replied with irritation morphing his features.

Rocky lighted his cigar and took a small puff off it before acknowledging Day's words. "Ah! In fact I had forgotten to ask for her name. Shravani, Shravani, Shravani. What a sweet name."

Rocky smiled to himself remembering the beautiful girl who had successfully captured his heart with just a glance.

"Leave that. Now, do you have any idea why you are called here?" Daya enquired, frustration evident in his voice.

"From the time I have arrived here, all I did was walk around pulling up fights, now let's move onto the real story." Rocky said, the goofiness and smile on his face disappearing.

~•~

Hope you all liked the chapter.

What do you guys think, will Shravani succeed in her plan?

Don't forget to press the star ⭐ button after each chapter. Do leave behind your opinions and suggestions in the comment section.