10. Nocturnal confessions

Author's Pov 

Author's Pov 

"Shh don't struggle sweetheart. We don't want your father or sister to catch us like this in the middle of the night, do we?" He said making her stop struggling.

'Rocky!' 

Her heart pumped painfully fast in her ribs, her body and mind recognising the familiar voice and touch.

"I am gonna remove my hand but don't shout." Shravani nodded, not having any other option.

Rocky slowly removed his hand from her mouth, taking his sweet time. His rough fingers brushed against her soft lips making her breathless. She felt her lips burn under his touch. The sensation was too much for her.

'Move away from him, Vani. Don't forget you are engaged.' Her mind warned, snapping her out of the moment.

She moved away from as soon as he released his hold on her body. She sucked in a mouth full of air, letting it fill her lungs. The tension in the room was too intense, too powerful for either of them to ignore.

"What are you doing here? How did you enter in my room?" She asked, after calming herself.

"A little birdie informed me about your engagement, so thought why not come and congratulate you." He replied, settling himself on her bed.

"Really? How sweet of you, Rocky! Couldn't you come in the evening and wish like normal people instead of adventurously climbing up through my balcony?" She glared at the man who has now settled himself comfortably on her bed.

"Normal and me? Sweetheart those two words can never be used in a single sentence. Moreover what's the fun in that?" His reply did nothing but frustrate her more.

"You came, you wished. Now will you be kind enough to get out of my room?" She asked, sarcasm dripping down her words.

His presence in her room was undoing her feelings, feelings which she wants to bury deep inside her heart. She didn't want to hurt herself by falling for a man who doesn't care for her feelings and emotions.

"Are you happy?" He asked, ignoring her question.

"What?" She looked at him confused, unable to comprehend the meaning behind his words.

"I asked, whether you are happy with this marriage or not?" He repeated, his dark eyes piercing into her soul. 

Something in his words snapped the last thread of mental strength she had in her. The pain and sadness she had buried deep inside her shattered along with her heart. She let her brave facade fall for the first time in the last fifteen years. She broke yet another rule of her's by letting her tears fall freely in the presence of another person. And with that she finally let out the pain and agony repressed in her.

"Why do you care? How does my happiness matter to you, Rocky? Does my happiness really matter to anyone? You are also like them, my father and Virat, they force their decisions on me and expect me to follow it like an obedient dog. Be happy with whatever they do to me. But, you know what? You are even worse than them. They are always clear on what they want from me from the very beginning. They also had the decency not play with my feelings unlike you, Rocky, you just confuse me. One day you act like I mean something to you and then the very next day you act as if I'm just a source of entertainment. Why are you doing this to me, Rocky? Why are you playing with my feelings like this? Why do you give me hope only to crash it the very next second." She cried, dropping onto her knees.