Adorably Confused

My reflection stared back in the mirror as I practised my lines on how to introduce myself in the meeting.

"Nice to meet you. My name is (Y/n) (L/n)," I repeated.

Yao sweatdropped. "(Y/n), this is the eighth time you've said that, aru."

I looked over at him.

"But Yao, what if I say something wrong? I don't want you to land in trouble because of me," I frowned.

Yao and I were in my room. I had asked him to help me practise my introduction for the meeting.

"Haha, Xièxiè, (Y/n). But I know you won't do anything wrong, aru. And I will be with you there," he assured me.

I smiled at his reassuring words.

Just then, Yao's small panda came sliding out of his long sleeve and crawled towards me. I picked it up and petted it.

"See, aru? Even panda is telling you not to worry!" Yao said.

My face lit up. I nodded in reply.

"Do you think we should ask them like that?"
"Why not? When will we ask then?"
"I think we should wait till later..."

We heard a few whispers behind the door.

Yao got up to check what was going on. He opened the door without any warning, and a few countries came tumbling in.

"What happened? Are you all okay?" I asked them, surprised.

The handful of nations quickly stood up. "Of course! What can happen to us?" one of them replied, nervously.

"Then why were you behind the door, aru?" Yao looked at them suspiciously.

"Well...uh...that's because we wanted to ask you both something!"

We looked at them, confused.

"What is it?" I asked them.

The other one spoke. "Well, you know we have been thinking about this for quite sometime now, but..."

"But?"

Taking in a deep breath, they finally gathered the courage to ask. "China and (Y/n), are you two―"

"Oh look! A UFO!"

The countries got distracted and started looking around.

"Huh?"
"I can't see it!!"
"Where??"

Antonio appeared from behind the door. "It went that way!" he pointed outside in the garden.

"Let's go catch it, guys!" The countries hurried away to look for the UFO, leaving me and Yao even more confused than before.

The Spanish man turned to us. "My bad sense of timing finally came in handy," he chuckled.

"Aiyah, could someone tell us what just happened?" Yao cried out. Antonio put his arm over Yao's shoulder.

"Let's just say you owe me one," he winked.

We sweatdropped.

Well, at least I feel more confident than before. Tomorrow is the day we're leaving for China, and I hope that I can make many beautiful memories there...

...with Yao.