Chapter Six: Transformation

"Embrace the change. It will take you to the most phenomenal places you haven't even dreamt about."

- Hiral Nagda

~~~~~~~~~~

It hurt. It hurt so much. And for what reason?

Darkness. He couldn't see. Hear. Move. Think.

System Online

.

.

.

Energon levels: Sufficient

Energy levels: 80,6%

Motor functions: Optimal

Energy efficiency: 89,6%

Vital functions: Normal

No damage detected

No viruses detected

Overall condition: Good

My name is Rafael Esquivel. My friends call me Raf. I am 12 years old. Bumblebee is my best friend, an Autobot.

What happened to me?

His eyes opened with a start. Or what he believed to be his eyes. Rafael saw the world in front of him. Around him.

His head was a mess of thoughts, floating thoughts, falling thoughts. But one prime question arose in him.

What happened?

He remembered being brought into a room. Strapped to a table. Then nothing until he woke again. Which apparently had been a full 40 minutes. How did he know that?

"Good, you're awake," a voice ahead of him rumbled. He hadn't even realized that his eyes had fallen shut again.

Upon opening them, he was met with the frame of the Decepticon scientist. He recognized Shockwave, but something seemed different. Had the mech become smaller?

Or, wait a minute, had he grown?!

An intrusive thought flew through his mind, a thought which quickly became a horrid reality.

He was a Cybertronian.

With the realization came a whole new range of sensations. Feelings and anxieties. He tried to move, scream, anything. He squirmed and writhed, it being all the motion he was capable of.

"Cease your struggling," Shockwave commanded him. He took the newly forged frame of the youngling by the shoulder and pulled him into a sitting position.

Rafael blinked with his eyes, no, optics a few times. The vision was far more detailed than he had ever remembered it being as a human. Quite obviously, he didn't need glasses and he could see much further ahead of him as well.

"W-what." His vocalizer stuttered, only now being activated for the first time. "What have you done to me?"

The Decepticon scientist looked over his creation as it sat on the berth. He, the new mech, would need time to adapt to all his functions and abilities. "I have created you," was the reply Shockwave gave, in his ever monotone voice.

Raf widened his optics, physically reeling back. The way Shockwave talked about him like he was some sort of pet. It grossed him out and made him extremely uncomfortable. He was no such thing!

"Shame that you couldn't have his memories wiped out. Wouldn't that make this so much easier," Knockout commented as he walked over out of sheer curiosity. A feat like this, he had never seen accomplished before.