Chapter 2: Back to Base:

Skydust stayed still for a moment before slumping down in a kneeled position. They groaned in pain as they felt their chassis again. Scrap. Knockout's going to be annoyed. They thought. They lifted their servo over their com link. They pressed it as static sounded for a moment. Morse code was soon heard.

"Soundwave?" They said, "I'm going to need a bridge. I can't drive."

"What happened?" He asked.

"It's better you see for yourself." They replied. A moment of silence. Then a hiss of a groundbridge opening was heard. The black, purple, and silver mech walked through the portal along with two red, black, blue, and purple mini cons, Rumble and Frenzy. Skydust stood up slowly, trying not to hurt themselves further.

"Is that Prowl?" He inquired.

"That WAS Prowl." Skydust answered, pulling their javelin out of Prowl's spark chamber. "He's nothing but an empty husk now."

"Hmm. I guessed that would happen." Rumble hummed. "Remembering your history."

"The only question now is what do we do with the body?" Frenzy asked. Skydust shook the energon off of their weapon before putting it back in its slot.

"I'm not sure." Skydust answered. "Maybe we could leave it in a hidden place where it can rust."

"No, the humans will find it." Soundwave answered. "And the last thing we need is to have them in our base."

"Then what do you suggest we do?" Skydust asked almost sarcastically.

"We'll bring him into our base." Soundwave replied. "And maybe.... We can use the body for spare parts."

"Just maybe though," Rumble questioned, a little nervously. "Right?"

Soundwave nodded, now picking up the heavy boy with a slight groan. Rumble and Frenzy helped their master with the now dead Prowl, while Skydust stayed behind. They looked back at the sword they kicked away, getting a better look at it. Now that they saw it better, they realized that this sword is something special. A definite relic, despite it being rusty and a little crooked. 'Looks like someone didn't take care of it properly.' They thought, picking it up.

"Hey, Sky!" Frenzy called out of the portal. That gained Skydust's attention. "You coming?"

"Yeah." Skydust replied before walking over to the portal to head back to base.

Soon enough, they were in the dark corridors of the Harbinger. Green and white lights dimly lit the space, since synthetic energon was being used to keep this place humming. The doctor and once royal scientist, Knockout and Shockwave, managed to get it to a decent power source, but it's not one that the cybertronians were able to consume yet. Hopefully it will be perfected soon. True energon is harder to find nowadays.

Shortly after entering the Harbinger, Skydust, Soundwave, Rumble, and Frenzy were immediately confronted by Breakdown, the blue minicon with yellow optics.

"Anyone injured?" He asked. Frenzy gestured to Skydust. Breakdown frowned. "Okay, come on. Knockout's ready and waiting."

Skydust sighed disgruntled. They weren't looking forward to listening to his rants about their finish. But, they need to make sure their wound doesn't get infected with rust. So off to the medbay the two went.

A few turns and they were already there. And like Breakdown said, Knockout was waiting, with a blowtorch in his servo. The chunky red bot looked furious.

"Are you serious?!" Knockout shouted frustrated. He crossed his arms- he's really mad. "Three days. Three. Days. And you go and hurt yourself again!! Do you know how long it takes to get your paint set up and then to get your finish polished?!"

"*sigh* I know, Knocks, but can your rants wait?" Skydust asked before leaning against the door frame, feeling a little sluggish. Knockout's expression softened a little before unwrapping his arms. He walks over to Skydust and brings them closer to himself; helping them to walk over to the operation table.

"Breakdown, can you get the medical synthen?" Knockout asked Breakdown as he focused on getting ready to weld the mesh wound on Sky's chassis. Breakdown was ahead of him, though, already getting the medical synthen to Knockout. He smiled after receiving the energon. "Thank you, darling."

Breakdown smiled before going to another table to get the paint and polish. No doubt after he finished welding the wound, Knockout will get to work on Skydust's finish. Right now though, Knockout puts the medical synthen into the wound, earning a hiss of pain from Skydust.

"What is it this time?" Knockout asked. "Arcee or Bumblebee come by? Or maybe Cliffjumper?"

"No, actually." Skydust replied. "It was Prowl."

Knockout's optics widened in surprise.

"Really?" he smirked. "He almost got you then. I'm guessing he escaped again, huh?"

Knockout chuckled at his assumption until he saw Skydust's expression. It was dull and serious. Usually an indicator of...

"You didn't!" He exclaimed, picking his servos up. "Skydust! You can't be serious!"

"Prowl's spark is extinguished." Skydust answered. Knockout sighed in disappointment this time.

"Sky. I thought you weren't going to kill anymore." Knockout said as he used the blowtorch to weld the wound shut.

"I said that I will limit the amount of killing I did." Skydust corrected. "Prowl made his last mark."

Silence remained with only the blowtorch flowing. It wasn't long before the wound was done being welded. All that's left now is the finish. Knockout put the tool down before getting the paint.

"Skydust." Knockout said. "You really need to stop doing this. If you don't, you'll almost end up like our commander."

"Pfft. Please, Knockout." Skydust smirked, sitting up. "This is my job. I made a decision to be a fighter."

"That doesn't mean you're expandable. Even if our Lord Megatron were to say otherwise." stated a voice coming from the door. Skydust's smirk fell to a shocked frown.

"Commander Starscream!" they exclaimed. The red, blue, white, and black seeker stared seriously at Skydust.