Chapter 9

Kaname

    What's he doing here? Wasn't he still eating? I started to feel the inside of me panic but I tried to keep calm.

I hoped to never see him again but yet right in front of my eyes tells me it was not a dream. No, maybe I'm just hallucinating. Who am I kidding, from the way his expression is, it means this moment is real.

The stupid bitch Tanner! If only he didn't almost make that lady fall we wouldn't be in this situation. He just couldn't keep straight, can he.

"Tanner!" I whisper yell. " apologize to her and let's go." He looked at me and nodded. "I'm really sorry again miss..." He said but it was hard to concentrate on listening to the apology.

I can feel him staring at me. Why is he even having his attention on me in the first place? I sneaked a glance at him and I swear my breath did a hopscotch. I couldn't help to give the handsome yet terrifying man a glare.

What did you expect? That night when I heard his voice was when I knew why people are bad. I won't make any mistakes and that's a promise.

It wasn't just because it was his voice, something electrifying coursed through my body, that's even more frighting and I am not going to stick around to find out what that was.

Looking back at Tanner, I grabbed his hand, ignoring his calling, and dragged him out of there.

"whoa Kan, what-hey-wait!" He pulled back, making me stumble backward. I turned around glaring at him.

"Don't give me that look! You're the one yanking me away without explanation!" He said pointing at me.

"You look stupid," I said randomly. It seems he wasn't having it, he crossed his arms and just looked at me with that ugly look on his face.

I looked anywhere but his face, deciding to put my focus on the dark sky.

I never noticed how nice the night sky was, that's interesting. Maybe I should look at it more often or go stargazing.

"Kaname! Don't ignore me! What was that back there!?" I looked at him with a bored expression. He really does look like a whiny puppy.

"Kaname! Tell me!" He prolonged every letter sounding like a little kid, crying to his mom he want to go play longer.

"Non," I said and just walked away.

" Wait! What is non?" Tanner said while doing a little jog to catch up to me.

"None of your fucking business, puppy," I said with a lazy smirk on my face. His reaction was priceless. He actually looked like a hurt dog.

After that little confirmation, we headed back to my place. Throughout the ride, he still tries to get me to tell him what's going on. I just gave him the silent treatment. Maybe swerving a little making him hit his head against the window.

If I knew that was going to make him shut up real fast, I would have done that so many times in the past. It's a shame the discovery was found out too late.

Upon returning home, I felt exhausted. I flop down on the couch and sighed, rubbing my temples with my eyes closed. Soon I felt arms sneaking their way around my chest.

"What do you want, pup?" I said opening my eyes slowly. Tanner grip my chin and tilted my head upward to face him. His face is close enough that you can feel him breathing.

With that look in his eyes, I knew what he wanted. I am going to get him something better than what he expected.

I grip his hair pulled him down and whisper next to his ear "Back the fuck up, you dog" then pushed his face away, while getting up.

"Hey! That hurt! What would happen if my pretty face got damaged!?"

Ugh, his whiny voice is seriously annoying,

"You would've survived, relax. Now I'm going to sleep, I have a party to plan tomorrow." I left to my room, leaving a confused pup.

In the middle of the night, I woke up to feeling something warm and heavy on me. My first instinct was to panic, fighting off whatever is trapping me. However, my rational side is telling me to check who it is.

Soon, I saw golden hair in front of my eyes, instantly knowing who it was.

How can I forget that this idiot has a habit of moving beds when he is sleeping. I looked down at him, laying on my chest. "One day I'll tell you. You don't have to worry about it now." I promised myself.

I snuggled in deeper with him, falling back asleep.

The following day, I woke up to something smelling really delicious and I knew it was him. He always loves cooking. He always told me how it gives him a warm feeling like he is carrying home.

Walking into the kitchen I see a shirtless puppy humming to an Adele song. I couldn't pass up the chance to record him, so I did what anyone good friend would do. A scary video.

Quickly getting my phone from my nightstand, I went back to the kitchen, quietly set the phone down at a good angle, then sneak up behind Tanner

"BOO!"

"AAHHHHHH!!!" I busted out laughing. I swear I almost peed myself.

" Oh my goodness!! Your face!! It's so ugly scared!" Then I went into another fit of laughter.

Finally calming down. I wiped away a tear.

"Ahh, that was a good laugh. I needed that, thanks. What's for breakfast?" I said looking pass Tanner but he only block my view of the food.

I looked at him and saw he has his arms crossed.

"What is it now?" I said with a rise eyebrow.

"You scared me! I could've hurtin myself!" He complained.

"But you didn't so you're fine. Now what's to eat?" I said dismissing him.

Tanner humph and turned back around. Not before mumbling. "Stuff waffles with cream cheese with strawberry glaze" Now you know my mouth started to drool.

If he was a girl and I had feeling for him, I would definitely marry him on the stop. Making sure I got him pregnant.

Tanner started to set the table and me being a good friend just sat down watching him until he brings the food.

Don't worry, I got the orange juice out. I couldn't let him do all the work.

When he was done, I started to dig in.

"The only reason I keep you around is because of your skills in cooking." I blurted out before I shoved my face.

"What!? You're just using me for my cooking skills!?" I just nodded and went on ignoring him. These waffles are so delicious!

After eating, I went to take a shower and get ready for the day. Going back to the living room, I see Tanner sitting on my couch.

"You're very comfortable aren't you?" He turned his head and nodded with a dumb grin on his face.

"Hmm, well I'm meeting a client today so don't destroy my place, got it?" I said seriously. Once I was satisfied with him nodded indicating he understood. I grab my things and left to meet the soon-to-be birthday girl.

But I was not prepared for what was to come next. It seems like the world was messing with me.

As always thank you for waiting and supporting me!

Comment and vote! Until next time!