Chatper 6

I went to the café where we planned to meet up. When I entered the café I was hit with the smell of coffee and homemade goods; the aura feels like home.

I walked further into the café and scanned around to find the description Kimora gave me to point her out.

I stop looking around when I see a girl with long blondish-light brown curly hair. I walked towards her, a little hesitant.

" Excuse me? Are you Kimora?" I questioned.

When she turned her around I was a little taken aback by her beauty. Her eyes were so bright, it was like she only knows good, that nothing bad happened to her. Her pinkish lips truly are quit the sight, I couldn't help to stare at it a second longer before looking away.

Yet, her eyes are the most memorizing. However, I can't shake the feeling that I saw those eyes before, but can't remember where.

Now if there wasn't a certain someone on my mind (for whatever reason) I might try to take her out, that is. But because she was a client and for whatever reason- there was one particular man that caught my attention, not wanting to leave my head.

"OH! You must be DJ Kan?" she chirped

"That I am," I said with a smile, her cheerfulness is transmissible. I even started to feel happy just from seeing her jovial.

She got up and hold her hand out for me to shake it, which I did. After that, we went to sit down-opposite of each other of course.

I took out my notebook to jot down notes.

"What is it that you'd had in mind for your party?" I said with a professional tone.

"I'm turning 18 and I wanted to throw the biggest and best party of all 18-year-olds had thrown. And I wanted to see if you could DJ it?" she said, while gesturing her arms out when she said biggest.

"What's the date?" I asked. Taking down notes.

"Oh! It's in 2 weeks on Saturday. Is that okay with you?" She said in an almost quiet voice like she was being careful.

I nodded.

After we discussed a little more of the rough details she want to play at her party, I suggested it was enough for today. Making another meet-up time so I can put together some beat and show it to her next meeting time, we parted ways.

Axel POV

"MOM! IM HERE!" I yelled out when I entered parent's house.

They called saying they wanted to talk to me about something important.

I went to the kitchen to see if my mom is there, and I was right, that lady is always making some type of food whenever I see her. I see her humming to herself while my dad was watching her with a smile.

You can say that my parents had a cliché type of romance. Where my mom was a scholarly secretary of a CEO (AKA my grandfather) and my dad was the "bad boy" 2nd child of rich parents. His dad owned a company that his older brother took over.

Now my dad didn't like drama, so he owns about who knows how nightclubs including his own entertainment industry.

"Mom? Dad?" I said making my mom jump, yelping in the process while my dad just laughed at my mom getting scared easily. "You wanted to see me?"

"AH YES!" She quickly took off her apron revealing her wearing a red dress that hugs her figure and stops at her knees.

I got to say my mom is a really beautiful woman with a curvy body. I turn my head to see my dad lick his lips, a big EWW! But at the same time, I couldn't help but admire the love my parents have for one another after so many years of being together.

"Come sit down!" She gestured to the chair. I walked towards it and sat down next to my dad. "What is it you want to talk about?" I asked, looking between my parents.

She went and sat down next to my dad, putting her elbow's on the table and smiling like she knows what my biggest secret is.

"Now that you're 30 years old and don't have a girlfriend and are not married, I set you up for an arranged date. Now it's in 2 hours and you're meeting her in "El Luna" I already made reservations for you two. Now go and get ready for your date, hijo!" she exclaimed eagerly.

I just looked at her if she was serious and by the looks of it, she is.

"Mama, listen I appreciate what you're doing, but I'm not interested in meeting a girl who is a gold digger or some stuck-up drama queen who is an attention whore." I paused, so she can process what I'm saying. "And after what happened with my last relationship I don't think I what to date again." I ended.

I got up from the chair.

Just as I was about to exit the kitchen, I heard my mother say behind me, " Come on! It's been like what 5 years since that happened? You need to start to get out there and marry and have kids. I'm not gonna die without seeing my grandbabies."

"While looking like a kid herself" I chuckled to myself of my own thought. "Don't you already have Conner? And what about Kimora?" I said with a rise eyebrow.

"Conner doesn't count, he's already married with 4 kids. And Kimora, she is ONLY 18 years old, she still has a life to live before she settles down. Plus I'm not worried about them, I'm worried about you, mi dulce hijo."

Right as I was about to say something I heard the door open, then slammed shut. I turned my head and saw my little sister coming in a hurry.

"OMG! GUESS WHAT?" I gave her a bored expression.

How can she have so much energy every day? I thought to myself.

When she got tired of waiting for a response she said, " I JUST GOT DJ KAN TO PLAY AT MY PARTY!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? IM SO HAPPY AND EXCITED!!! OH I NEED TO GO PLAN." she rushed out.

She left leaving all of us confused about what just happened. But we know that later today she's gonna explain all over again what she's excited for.

As for me, I don't have time for that, I turned back around to face my mother and said, "I'll go to the date ONLY ONE TIME, Okay? So no more setups, alright?" She nodded and smiled.

I left my parent's home to get ready for the date that I was not looking forward to but if it makes my mother feel at least a little relief then I'll do just that.

People do say that stuff happens for a reason. So what I'm about to experience, is there a reason behind it?