TWENTY-THREE

The next day, Lillie woke up with a scary feeling in her stomach. She felt as if something terrible was about to happen. And there was. Kelly, Lillie's maid came into her room with a rather big box that was stated to be given to her urgently. The girl abruptly got up from her sleep and moved towards the box. It was still dark outside so she was assuming it was barely dawn.

The girl opened the letter.

To my dearest Lillie,

I am sorry for what I will have to tell you now. It pains me every time I think about it that will only cause you the unhappinesses that is about to be said. I love you. Nothing will ever change the enormous love I have for you my dearest Lillie. I promised to protect you, promised to share all my desires with you, but what is to be done cannot be undone. I am to duel your Grace today. By the time you read this I pray I will still be alive to be able to see your glowing smile everyday. I really wish I wasn't so much of an idiot to agree to this. But it is my duty. Don't live your life worrying about me. Think about the new friend you will have. He will be a better company than me.

I love you Lillie. Find a husband with whom can give you everything you desire because you deserve it all.

Love,

Your dearest Anthony.

The girl couldn't believe what she just read. She opened the box and saw the cutest Pomeranian puppy ever. He was light brown and white. He resembled Anthony too much.

"I'm sorry love. I will be back to get to know you. As of now I have somewhere to be."